Completed
Last Updated: 03 Jun 2020 16:31 by ADMIN
Release R2 2020 SP1 (LIB 2020_2_603)
Louise
Created on: 25 May 2020 14:17
Category: DropDownList
Type: Bug Report
1
RadDropDownList: autocomplete mode works only the first time, afterward, I can only type 1 character.

I created a simple project just with a dropdownlist. The data source of the dropdownlist is a reader from SQL. First time, when I type something in the text area of the dropdownlist, the autocomplete works perfectly: if a type "235", it brings me at the first job starting with '235' and I can select the job. After, when I click back in the text area to type something else (for example: "236"), I can just type '2'. It won't let me type anything else and the autocomplete is not working. The autocomplete mode is Suggest.

This is a new problem with telerik 2020.2.512.40. Just previously, I had the trial version (2020.1.218.40) and it was working without problem. I didn't change anything in the small project. In fact, I took this project and put Telerik.Wincontrols.UI version 2020.1.218.40 anf it was working properly. I put back the version 2020.2.512.40 of the control and the problem reappeared.

 

First time (works fine):

 

Seconf time: not able to type more than 1 character

 

Attached Files:
7 comments
Louise
Posted on: 01 Jun 2020 13:44

Great. Thanks a lot.

 

Have a nice day.

Louise.

ADMIN
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Posted on: 01 Jun 2020 13:41

Hi, Louise,

The official R2 2020 SP1 is scheduled for the middle of June. However, LIB 2020.2.603 will be available for download in your Telerik account this week in the Latest Internal Build section.

Regards,
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Louise
Posted on: 01 Jun 2020 13:35

Hi, when the Release R2 2020 SP1 (LIB 2020.2.603) will be available for download?

Thanks.

 

Louise

 
ADMIN
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Posted on: 29 May 2020 05:45
Hello, Louise,  

Thank you for the clarification.

Now, I followed precisely the described steps and obtained the incorrect behavior. The attached gif file illustrates better. I confirm that it is an issue with RadDropDownList in the latest version.

I have logged it in our feedback portal by creating a public thread on your behalf. You can track its progress, subscribe for status changes and add your comments on the following link - feedback item.

I have also updated your Telerik points.

Currently, the possible solution that I can suggest is to use AutoCompleteMode.Append. Please excuse us for the misunderstanding. We will do our best to introduce a fix as soon as possible.

I hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me. 

Regards,
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Attached Files:
Louise
Posted on: 28 May 2020 11:33

Hi Dess,

Any news on this?

 

Thanks,

Louise

Louise
Posted on: 26 May 2020 11:51

Hello Dess,

I tried your solution and look at your gif. In fact, it's having the same problem. In your solution, in the upper dropdownlist, you start with "Chai". Delete that and type "Pa" and select pavlova. Now, delete it and try to type 2 characters; you won't be able. In your gif, you never select an item in the DDL; that's why you never encounter the problem.

I'll be waiting for your findings and thoughts on this.

 

Thanks and regards

Louise.

ADMIN
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Posted on: 26 May 2020 05:05

Hello, Louise, 

Following the provided information, I was unable to reproduce the issue you are facing. Please refer to the attached gif file illustrating the behavior on my end with the specified version. I have attached my sample project. It would be necessary to adjust the connection string according to your local server. I used the Northwind database for the test.

Feel free to modify it in a way to reproduce the experienced issue and get back to me with it so I can investigate the precise case. Thank you in advance. 

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.