The kendo.parseFloat() method does not correctly parse negative currency strings in which the currency symbol is placed before the actual value i.e. "$ -5.00".
Reproduction of the problem
1. Set the culture of the app to nl-NL (or another that formats the currency as $ -5.00)
2. Call the parseFloat method.
3. The value "null" is returned.
Dojo sample for reproduction https://dojo.telerik.com/AFOnaQIt
The kendo.parseFloat() method assumes that all negative currency values are in the format "-5.00 $". Since the format of the nl-NL culture has the format "$ -5.00, the if-clause that checks the position of the "-" fails, and the method returns null.
Negative values with any currency format should be parsed correctly.
* **Kendo UI version:** 2021.1.224
* **jQuery version:** 1.12.4
* **Browser:** [all]