Currently, when the "dd/MM/yy" format is used and the "year" part is populated with a two-digit number, the value of the widget converts to "01/01/00" which is 1st of January 1900 (the default min value for the DateInput).
The widget assumes that the year is "00xx". However, we should have the option for setting the century to the current one, hence, having the first part of the year as "20xx" or "19xx".
Example for the current behavior of the widget:
I have noticed some weird behaviour when using the SwiftKey keyboard on Android.
- Install SwiftKey keyboard and enable
- browse to https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/dateinput/index in chrome for android
- Select year component of date input control
- type 1 - year shows as 0001 - correct
- type 9 - year shows as 0019 - correct
- type 7 - year shows as 0009 - incorrect
- type 5 - year shows as 0019 - incorrect
All the other keyboard i have tried work as expected, i appreciate that this is a non standard keyboard on Android however it is a widely used one and works as expected when typing 1975 into any other app / control on the device.