Allow using custom transport for XMLA request and response
Allow customizing provider for sending xmla request and response from/to SSAS. Currently it's can only be done with System.Net.WebClient and msmdpump.dll (IIS)...
Posted on:28 Jul 2016 13:00
Can you please specify what you would wish to achieve in more detail:
- Is this functionality intended for the RadPivotGrid control;
- By "provider" you are referring to the XmlaDataProvider;
- By custom transport do you mean custom mdx queries;
- How would the response from the custom queries affect the RadPivotGrid?
Looking forward to your reply.
Posted on:02 Aug 2016 12:32
Thank you for your reply.
1. This functionality intended for the RadPivotGrid, RadChart and others who uses XmlaDataProvider.
2. Yes, by "provider" I mean XmlaDataProvider.
3. How it works today.
We have to specify connectionstring: Cube, Database, ServerAddress (http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/wpf/controls/radpivotgrid/populating-with-data/data-xmla.html)
In runtime dataprovider build XMLA query based on configuration (row/column/filter descriptors) and send it to SSAS cube using System.Net.WebClient and msmdpump.dll which is working under IIS (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg492140.aspx)
What we need.
We don't have IIS, we have an WCF service. In desktop application we need the possibility to inject our object (ex. IXmlaRequestHandler) into instance of XmlaDataProvider. This object sends Xmla request from dataprovider to WCF service and
get Xmla response from WCF service. Then the response is handled with dataprovider.
See attach for details.