I just completed an evaluation of the RadPdfProcessing library for our medical practices. Unfortunately, we are not yet able to use this library for our application. We need to be able to annotate patient visit reports when visit notes require amendments or when we appeal billing decisions. We do this frequently and we need a way to automate this tedious and time consuming process. While the vision for the RadPdfViewer (ref. Unifying the Power of PdfViewer & PdfProcessing: Edit a PDF with our Newest Secret (6/12/2020)) was promising, there are still some issues for us. Following is a list of areas where we would like to see improvements:
1. We need the ability to add notes (like when editing is enabled in the AddDocumentContent_WPF sample application). But also be able to control font, font size, bolding, underlining, and highlighting and text color. Also we need to be able to go back and edit text and text formatting after new text is added and the text editing window closes. This is not yet possible. Ideally, this text also needs to allow multiple text fragments (Run's) where each text fragment can have its own formatting (bolding, color, etc.).
2. Each note needs to be in an optional bubble or box with an optional line or arrow to the highlighted (or strike-through) text in the original document. It would also be helpful if the bubble could be reshaped and moved to a more optimum location while maintaining the connecting line to the associated highlighted text. Automatically positioning the bubble when it is first created in adjacent white space is also desired.
4. We would like the above functionality to be implemented via a right click context menu for selected text in the original document. A command like "strike-through text and open note would be ideal".
5. If possible we also would like to pre-edit a pdf file as a RadFixedDocument and perform some or all of the above operations before the document is displayed in the RadPdfViewer. To do this we will need to be able to search for text in a given location in the pdf, select that text and then perform the desired operations (described above in 3. and 4.). This is needed for a majority of the changes that we need to make, that is, in sections of the document that we know from experience always require the same annotations. We see this functionality being integrated with AI enabled processes that are able to find and prepare billing appeals and assist with patient record amendments.
Respectfully, Bill Goforth, Professional Imaging LLC, Medical Systems Development, 360-528-1844
I would like to report that Z-index have unexpected values when RadDiagramContainerShape are used.
Please watch video first, my remarks points to the video attached to the ticket.
1. Currently there is a possibility that Container A can be hidden by Container B and this is fine.(~11sec of movie)
2. However then i will add Container C to Container A and then drag Container B to overlaps Container A it overlaps only Container A and does not overlaps Container C which for end-user could be very confusing, why Container C is visible at that time.(~20-30 sec of movie)
The problem gets more complicated when i drop Container B to overlaps Container A but without adding Container B as a child of Container A.
In that way it looks that children of Container A are children of Container B
3. When i will add new container "Header" to Container B and then overlaps Container A and Container C then its even more mixed up(~ 30-50 sec of movie)
4. When i will add new container "Header" to Container A and Z-index are somehow refreshed and then in magic way Container_C now overlaps "Header" container from Container B(~58sec of movie)
I would expect:
Fix calculation of Z-index in that way if Container B overlaps Container A it means it overlaps as well it's children. Currently you have flat hierarchy of VMI containers which leads to such Z-index issues.
Expose possibility to override your internal methods which calculates the Z-index.
I would like to report that automatic generate of connection point for Bezier connection is wrongly generated when link is attached to Gliding Connector.
Connection point is generated at the position where link is attached to shape. I think for such use-case you should generate connection point taking into account angle of link in relate to shape and generate connection point a bit moved. When connection point is generated at attach position it makes that the "arrow" of link have wrong angle.
I'm attaching video and your sample solution with my modifications to easier reproduction.
After using Direct2D in ChartView, zoom in/zoom out/pan ， finally shrink back to the original size. After many iterations, it is possible that the Scatter spline will be shifted, if don't use Direct2D or use the Net Framework,Such problems do not arise.
Please check the attachment.
I want to report a bug with text color in textbox and presumably in some other controls. When the textbox is edited, then the color is correctly black:
Telerik: Windows 11 settings textBox:
But when the textbox loses focus, it changes the color to gray, which is hard to read and looks like disabled:
Telerik: Windows 11 settings textBox:
I download the source code 'Telerik_UI_for_WPF_Source_2022_1_117' and then I want to run 'Build_WPF60.bat' [\Telerik_UI_for_WPF_Source_2022_1_117\Build\BatFiles]. An error occurs, see the attachment: 'Could not locate the assembly "Telerik.Windows.Documents.Core".' I tried it on Win 10 and Win 11 with installed VS202
During project implementation a wrong link connection was found.
When we have two models of ContainerNodeViewModelBase OuterModel and InnerModel.
InnerModel has set to true "RadDiagramShapeBase.UseGlidingConnector".
Steps to reproduce:
1. Put InnerModel inside OuterModel.
2. Connect the top middle connector to middle connector of InnerModel
3. When you move InnerModel in upper part of OuterModel the link is connected to bottom of InnerModel instead of to top.
To make reproduce easier i attach video, and i modified your sample application (PasteOnMousePosition) to reproduce this issue.
I attached both things.
1st use case with no gliding connector -- looks ok
2nd use-case movement outside of container and the link looks ok, but the link connection inside looks bad.
Currently this link is just a line, but when it would be an arrow then its looks even worse.
Here's an idea for you, one which I haven't fully thought through but which I will post here in case it proves useful.
For my use case we am required to build the Telerik UI for WPF binaries from the source code. This is because we offer our product as a trial version which requires the source files to be protected.
Building the source takes a bit of time whenever there is a new version and we have to remember to copy and replace the modified source protection files before we build the binaries.
My suggestion would be to move the file protection code into a single separate class library (DLL) and provide the source code that can be modified by the end user and rebuilt into the file protection DLL.
Then rather than having to rebuild the entire source code from scratch whenever there is a new version, we could just use the installer to install the new binaries and just replace the FileProtection.dll file.
That way when there is a new version of UI for WPF (or whatever product) we could quickly update to it and then when we build our product installer we just copy the modified FileProtection.dll to be bundled alongside the Telerik binaries.
As I said I haven't thought this through all the way and there may be excellent reasons why you are unable to do this, but I thought I'd share the idea.
Telerik assemblies needs to be rebuild with a specific key in some redistribution scenarios, so that the assemblies can be bound only to a single WPF application. This is described in the following article: https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/wpf/licensing/protecting-telerik-assembly
Currently, to protect the dlls you need to rebuild the entire source code of Telerik UI for WPF. Sometimes this is not very convenient and it is prompt to errors because several steps should be followed and also few prerequisites should be met.
Consider providing a new mechanism to protect the Telerik assemblies, which is more convenient and gives better protection.
In our app many checkboxes are crop when user scale to 125 %, it happens in win11 but it has been reported in win10.
I found out that this is also happening in the colour theme generator from Telerik with the checkbox in the ribbon (screenshot below).
Is this a known issue or something that we can fix some how? so far we have taken the template for the checkboxes and change the margin of the element "grid" from 1 to 0 to work around it.
Thanks in advance
If the total Items count exceed the MaxVisiblePips value,scroll by mousewheel,when scroll to the start or end item,the next scroll item should be the end or start,
the scrollview can not scroll to the selected item. Please see Annexes 1 and 2
When the MaxVisiblePips value is four,click the right item ,The scroll view cannot be rolled to the center, Please see Annexes 3
We are looking for a feature to group Tabs in the TabbedWindow similar to the way modern browser handle this.
Hold down the Ctrl key and click each tab to select multiple tabs
Trigger method "AddTabsToGroup"
Have different Styling (colors) for each Group. be able to name groups in code and display group name
Remove Groups in Code