I'm submitting a...
The user cannot select a filter operator if the filter input doesn't have entered data.
The user should be able to pre-select a filter operator no matter if there is data entered in the filter input or not.
Minimal reproduction of the problem with instructions
- Open this StackBlitz example
- In the Product Name column, I click the filter operator button
- Select "Ends with"
- Click the filter operator button again and see that "Ends with" is not selected.
- Type "g" in the filter text field. Grid updates but doesn't filter the data by "Ends with" filter.
- Click the filter operator button and see that "Contains" is selected instead of "Ends with"
- Select "Ends with" once more and Grid filters correctly