Existing implementation of Scheduler component has a very limited customization support. To cover some real use-cases we need:
- Conditionally hide Scheduler Header and Footer. This is possible with CSS, but still makes sense to have props for that.
- Customize tooltip content when hovering on the event. Currently tooltip is a one line text, but adding support of a larger popups on hover would allow to show additional info associated with that event. Please consider adding a prop to pass custom component for tooltip/popup rendering (similar to how Custom cells work in Kendo Grid)
- Customize event component. Is there a way to have multiline text in the event component? Currently it is way to limited to show custom content e.g. adding custom icons is impossible.
- All events in the same group have a same color when displaying. Please consider adding individual color support for each event. This would help to support error states for events.
- Custom onDelete/onDoubleClick handlers. We would like to have custom implementation of Delete confirmation and Edit form.
Please advise on how to overcome those limitations as a short term solution and consider adding more Scheduler customization abilities to your Roadmap.
Example of highly configurable Scheduler/Timeline component: https://js.devexpress.com/Demos/WidgetsGallery/Demo/Scheduler/Timelines/React/Light/