Need More Info
Last Updated: 02 Mar 2022 10:20 by ADMIN
Terry
Created on: 24 Feb 2022 18:54
Type: Bug Report
0
Test Studio Verifications with Language Special Characters fails

I am using Test studio, and have developed my first project that verifies the UI in 8 languages.  In the languages that have special characters, it is failing and reporting a value at the time of failure that does not exist.  The value that was displayed truly matched the expected result.    Many of my other strings that did not have special characters matched just fine.  Not sure what is happening.

Text content of IPAddressData does not match!

   Match Type: 'Exact'
   Expected Result: 'Netzwerk nicht verf├╝gbar'
   Value at time of failure: 'Netzwerk nicht verfligbar'

 

2 comments
ADMIN
Elena
Posted on: 02 Mar 2022 10:20

Hello Terry,

I am sorry to hear you experience any troubles with the text verification and will be happy to assist you with sorting these out. 

As we need to dig into the issue and this usually requires sharing additional details, I wanted to use a private thread for the follow up conversation. Therefore I checked your account and found out that the Test Studio license for your company is listed under the Telerik account with email engineering@hemosonics.com. So, I opened the support ticket on your behalf under that mentioned account and you can access it with this link.

Please, use that private ticket to follow up on the issue and continue the investigation. 

Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Regards,
Elena
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Test Studio course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.
Terry
Posted on: 24 Feb 2022 20:25
I did notice something else about this code that is different than other areas that passed verification.  The Other verifications that worked used Display Text, and Equals.  But the output verification in this failed code is using "Exact" on content of a Label field.