Last Updated: 16 Sep 2021 12:20 by ADMIN
Created on: 15 Sep 2021 23:36
Type: Bug Report
Extracted text is different to inserted text using binding

Extracted text from one element (PPSR FSID), used binding to set in another element (PPSR Search using FSID), Test failed because FSID could not be found, on closer inspection the set text had 2 different characters than the extracted text S instead of 8 and T instead of 7 (sorry snip is so wide) Have attached zipped code.

1 comment
Plamen Mitrev
Posted on: 16 Sep 2021 12:20

Hello Emma,

Thank you for sharing details about the encountered issue with extract text from image in this particular scenario. 

I managed to reproduce the issue and it look like the OCR feature is misinterpreting the image and extracting the text with a few errors. Like you mentioned the "S" letter is extracted instead of the number "8" which look very similar, especially on this small input field. We will investigate possible ways to improve the behavior of the extract text from image steps.

In the meantime, you can try to extract the text from the input element, without using OCR. I tested this against the application you are testing and the text was taken correctly. The execution also used the correct text to enter in the following data bound step.

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our knowledge and sharing a sample!

Plamen Mitrev
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Test Studio course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.