The latestMongoDB 4.0.6. cannot be restarted from Scheduling Configuration setup, the mongo service config gets broken if started through the Scheduling wizard and service cannot be started anymore.
Workaround to resolve the not working MongoDB service: Using the latest version of MongoDB 4.0.6.
1. Since the current state of the Mongo service is not a working one, it will be required to completely uninstall the MongoDB and then perform a clean installation again.
2. The important note is to install the MongoDB as a Windows service - this is the default configuration.
3. This installation will install and start the MongoDB service.
4. Next important thing to keep in mind is to avoid restarting the MongoDB service from the Scheduling configuration
- this is the first tab of the wizard and it shouldn't be used until a permanent fix is available.
5. The Scheduling and Storage services can be freely configured from the respective two tabs and the remote execution should be working now. Using a previous version of MongoDB
1. If the version of MongoDB is not of great importance, you can install any previous version.
2. The easiest way is to completely uninstall both MongoDB and Test Studio from Windows Control Panel.
3. Then perform a clean installation of the latest version of Test Studio. This will install MongoDB 3.0. and you can freely start the Scheduling configuration.