When I run my test that requires a button click event it works fine. However, when that same test is run from test list, it does not - the web page remains the same, with the visible button not being clicked.
Weird, this only seemed to happen after upgrading to 2022.1.215.0
Steps to reproduce:
Expected: Successful execution.
Actual: The test fails on the verification step and reports that the value of the KendoInput is null.
Additional note: If the verification is added for the input control (instead of using the KendoInput), it is executed as expected.
We have a large PDF (60+ pages) and try to verify certain content on specific pages. During the recording process some elements are captured with TagName and TextContent and others with TagIndex. In this scenario TagIndex is not reliably, because the document is large and the elements change dynamicaly.
One solution is to update the element's find logic manually on all elements that use TagIndex, but this is very time consuming.
Another option is to use coded step to find the target element by TextContent and verify it.
As a result it seems that the translators for Kendo Angular Input and TextBox components are, currently, not backwards compatible with the previous versions of these controls.
It will be great to fix these so that the latest Test Studio can be used for testing web pages built with previous versions of Kendo Angular controls.
A specific coded steps test cause Chrome to be closed when trying to perform a partial run using Run->To Here.
The coded step before the navigate one is starting a proxy to log the traffic.
Sample project is provided internally.
The specific page and the frame, which is not identified from Test Studio, uses a Salesforce component called ForceAlohaPage and it seems there is a custom implementation for the frames in this component. These are not visible in the Windows.Frames collection, which Test Studio uses under Manager.ActiveBrowser.Frame.
Test Studio 2020.2.910
The list of recent projects keep a deleted entry on restart.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the Test Studio Welcome view and choose a project to remove from the Recent project list.
2. Open any other project and close it exiting Test Studio.
3. Start Test Studio again - the removed project from Recent items is listed again.
The steps added for the ASP.Net Ajax controls RadInput and RadButton automatically scrolls the target element to top of the page. In the case when there is a static header on the page, the element gets scrolled under it and the actual action cannot be performed correctly.
The workaround to use is to add the input or button element from the DOM tree and manually add a Click or Enter text step, enable 'SimulateRealClick' or 'SimulateRealTyping' and change the ScrollType property to scroll the element to the center of the page instead to top.
Trying to open a RadComboBox with
var csBox = Window.Find.ByName<RadComboBox>(ComboBox);
Observing the automation shows we are waiting no time for dropdown to open and I am getting exceptions claiming there are no items in the list.
The cause is related to the fact that the public void WaitDropDownAnimation(int millis) method of Telerik.WebAii.Controls.Xaml.Wpf.RadComboBox is not working as expected.
Workaround: You can use Window.Find.ByType<RadComboBoxItem>().Wait.ForNoMotion(milliseconds); before selecting the item from the dropdown.
When I close the Remote Desktop connection, the Test Runner on my VM reconnects to the Windows session successfully, but it does not set the correct resolution.
It seems to default to a base resolution and not the one from Change Console Resolution settings in the Test Runner.
Why do some extract actions have expectation properties? Isn't the purpose of an extract just to get whatever value is set at the time and put it into a variable for later use (typically verification)?
For example, the RadDropDownList has the built in action of "Extract - RadDropDownList: all item count is '19'". This creates a step like this: "RadDropDownList('ctl00_cphM_ecAddContact_ddlCategory')Extract item count into DataBindVariable $(CphMEcAddContactDdlCategoryDiv)". The step properties have CompareType and ItemCount.
Interestingly, in my test of a drop down list with 19 items, I changed the ItemCount property to 999 and ran it and the step passed successfully.
The step failure details shows the option to add an element to the repository. This option actually does not work and it does not generate any log.
I would like to report what is probably a bug within the Telerik Test Studio.
I have imported / data bound a CSV file to a data driven test case. There is one field in one record that is not being picked up by your software. It is very bizarre. I though I had encountered something like this before but was not able to reproduce. Now, I have found it again. The column in question contains both American zip codes and Canadian postal codes. The all numeric zip codes are being picked up but the alpha-numeric postal code is not.
I have included a copy of the CSV file and a couple of screenshots from the software (one in Excel and the other from the "Bind test to a data source" screen) of the file in question.
When I used...
...in a coded step I see absolutely nothing in the dialog screen.
If you wish to see my project please let me know.