Use case: My app doesn't know how many rows of data the excel spreadsheet will be prior to upload. I've defaulted to my maximum amount of 10,000 which will be normal for some, but overkill for others. The ability to change the number of rows/columns to accommodate the size of the sheet after loading, would be a nice addition. As a workaround, I'm destroying and reloading the widget instance after the initial load.
We'd need support for checkboxes columns in the new Spreadsheet control.
I would like to be able to do conditional formatting against other columns and not just the existing conditional formatting. For example: Column 1 = 1.2 Column 2 = 1.5 If the value of Column 2 is greater than the value of Column 1, I want the color to be green. If the value of Column 2 is less than the value of Column 1, I want the color to be red. If the value of Column 2 is equal to the value of Column 1, I want the color to be black.
Somtimes you just want to give the User a little Side Calc without a full blown Sheet, just the grid with some cells able to change.
I have observed that Conditional Formatting in Spreadhseet is not supported. Please add support for the same as it is very important feature of XLSX. during financial calculation this feature plays an important role. Here is the issue that needs a fix.
2. Check attached file CellColorFormula.xlsx, conditional formatting set for B2, C2, D2
3. Import attached file CellColorFormula.xlsx
4. Check Cells B2, C2, D2 and try to change values for A2, C2, D2
5. None of the conditional formatting is working
1. Open https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index in IE 11
2. Start editing cells C3 to C12 and enter value 1234 in each cell as fast as possible
3. 1234 enter, 1234 enter , 1234 enter and so on without waiting for UI rendering completion as UI freezes for few seconds, and then all cells get updated in one go
4. below is the result, few cells are having wrong values
5. Its very serious issue
Note: Excel 365, Excel and GoogleSheet works fine in such cases
Add option for manual calculation of formulas, as available in Excel.
It would be a great feature to have to save time for inputting values without updating other dependent cells and once data entry is done user could press "Calculate Now" and all of the cells updated in one go, same as we do have this feature in MS Excel 365.
1. Enter some text in a cell.
2. Increase the cell font size to 48.
3. Reduce the cell font size to 8.
4. Double click the row resize handler: the row height is not adjusted to correspond to font size 8.
The same behavior can be observed when opening an existing .xlsx file that has some text and font size set and following steps 3-4.
1. Open https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
2. Put some text in B2 so that it does not fit in the cell width.
3. Press Wrap Text button
4. Press Wrap Text again
5. The row height is not adjusted back to the original height (Excel does it)
Please support Excel formulas copy and paste to Kendo Spreadsheet. Now is the copy only the text, not formulas.
Currently, the Spreadsheet component doesn't have the functionality to create a formula using the keyboard arrows.
For example:1. Open: https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
2. Import attached Dummy.xlsx file
3. No data loaded
4. please check