Regression with v.2023.2.606
Notification left position is calculated wrong, hides button when enabled
Reproduction of the problem
The button shall not be cropped.
Kendo UI version: 2023.2.606
The Notification is not entirely displayed when Default or Classic themes are selected and scroller appears on the page.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
The Notification seems to be cut at the end.
With versions prior 6.4.0, the Notification was displayed with a slight distance on the right
Affected package (please remove the unneeded items)
Affected suites (please remove the unneeded items)
Affected browsers (please remove the unneeded items)
When there is "appendTo" in the Notification, the hide event fires multiple times.
There are too many fired hide events for notifications. More than one event for every notification
Hide event should be fired single time per Notification.
To see how should it work, here is the sample dojo example.
I'm testing https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/notification/index with the NVDA screen reader.
1. Notifications are not announced by the screen reader, violating success Criterion 4.1.3.
2. Notifications are not accessible by keyboard.
3. The "close" button is not semantically a button.
4. The "close" button is not focusable by keyboard.
5. Auto-hiding notifications violate the 2.2 guideline (enough time). I can give my user an option to see notifications for a longer time, say 100 seconds instead of 10, but unable to close them by keyboard, they can end up with an overflow of messages.
6. The color contrasts are insufficient (4.26 for the red ones, only 2.73 for the green ones).
Notifications are listed on https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/accessibility/section-508-wcag as AA-level compliant, and while I understand they're one of the hardest component to make accessible due to their asynchronous nature, the current implementation is closer to a bad practices example than a correct solution.
Run dojo at https://dojo.telerik.com/@GaloisGirl/UtuZIyOd
All three notifications are removed after one second
The blue notification should be removed after 2 seconds, the orange one after 1 second, the red one never.
The bug only occurs with the appendTo option.
In the showStatic method, we clearly see all displayed notifications are iterated over and being attached the _hideStatic method. In my example:
The 2018.1.117 code does not feature this loop and the bug is not present.