When I close the Remote Desktop connection, the Test Runner on my VM reconnects to the Windows session successfully, but it does not set the correct resolution.
It seems to default to a base resolution and not the one from Change Console Resolution settings in the Test Runner.
When used in code Wait.For() certain element's attribute state, does not respect the timeout set to wait.
Additional details shared internally.
Visual Studio behaves differently when using the PresentationCore.dll and on scaling different than 100% - here is some additional information about the Microsoft DPIHelper class.
Using this one somehow interferes with how Test Studio and the Testing Framework handles the different display scaling settings and causes some actions to be performed on wrong element.
We are trying to record mobile web tests, but after visiting the first page the device gets disconnected.
A loading screen appears in the DOM explorer, but after a while it stops without recording the second page.
The switching between pages is with normal anchors on the website.
This happens on certain pages with large DOM size.
Why do some extract actions have expectation properties? Isn't the purpose of an extract just to get whatever value is set at the time and put it into a variable for later use (typically verification)?
For example, the RadDropDownList has the built in action of "Extract - RadDropDownList: all item count is '19'". This creates a step like this: "RadDropDownList('ctl00_cphM_ecAddContact_ddlCategory')Extract item count into DataBindVariable $(CphMEcAddContactDdlCategoryDiv)". The step properties have CompareType and ItemCount.
Interestingly, in my test of a drop down list with 19 items, I changed the ItemCount property to 999 and ran it and the step passed successfully.
The steps added for the ASP.Net Ajax controls RadInput and RadButton automatically scrolls the target element to top of the page. In the case when there is a static header on the page, the element gets scrolled under it and the actual action cannot be performed correctly.
The workaround to use is to add the input or button element from the DOM tree and manually add a Click or Enter text step, enable 'SimulateRealClick' or 'SimulateRealTyping' and change the ScrollType property to scroll the element to the center of the page instead to top.
Trying to open a RadComboBox with
var csBox = Window.Find.ByName<RadComboBox>(ComboBox);
Observing the automation shows we are waiting no time for dropdown to open and I am getting exceptions claiming there are no items in the list.
The cause is related to the fact that the public void WaitDropDownAnimation(int millis) method of Telerik.WebAii.Controls.Xaml.Wpf.RadComboBox is not working as expected.
Workaround: You can use Window.Find.ByType<RadComboBoxItem>().Wait.ForNoMotion(milliseconds); before selecting the item from the dropdown.
The SimulateRealTyping option is missing for my RadSearchBox text entered step. At the same time I have the option to change the typing speed, which seems like a bug.
There is also missing ScrollToVisibleType for this action.
I have enabled the "Reconnect to console on disconnect" option in my execution server. When I close the active remote connection, I noticed that the resolution changes and this causes my tests to fail.
Please find a solution for this.
The issue here is that when I create a bug in Jira Cloud or TFS and attach the results, I get different contend in the attached files. If I run a test manually from the project tab (quick execution), click on the step failure details for a failed step, and submit a bug I get the detailed log files in the attachment. If I run the test from a test list (either locally or remotely) the log files only contain a single line. This affects both ExecutionLog.txt and FailedStepLog.txt. I don't see why they should be different. It is very hard to troubleshoot and issue without the full log.
I would like to report what is probably a bug within the Telerik Test Studio.
I have imported / data bound a CSV file to a data driven test case. There is one field in one record that is not being picked up by your software. It is very bizarre. I though I had encountered something like this before but was not able to reproduce. Now, I have found it again. The column in question contains both American zip codes and Canadian postal codes. The all numeric zip codes are being picked up but the alpha-numeric postal code is not.
I have included a copy of the CSV file and a couple of screenshots from the software (one in Excel and the other from the "Bind test to a data source" screen) of the file in question.
When I used...
...in a coded step I see absolutely nothing in the dialog screen.
If you wish to see my project please let me know.
The step failure details shows the option to add an element to the repository. This option actually does not work and it does not generate any log.
The selection from a KendoAngularList dropdown is defaulting to the recorded selection, when the step is data driven.
The temporary workaround is to convert the step to code from the context menu, after it is all configured.
I was able to add a custom dynamic target and bind it to a data source. When I do the same for another custom dynamic target with the same Field Name and save the changes, the data binding breaks.
Both dynamic targets are changed to the first target with the lower destination step.