1. Create local data for a test.
2. Data bind the same test to external data source.
3. Remove the data binding to the external source.
At this point I can't use the local data for data driven test steps or find expressions.
The workaround is to right click on the test and go to Properties. Then enable both DataEnabled and DefaultToGrid.
A specific WPF application with custom controls cannot be highlighted correctly.
Details shared internally.
While connecting to Jira Cloud (https://name.atlassian.net) with valid userid and password, its giving error message "The remote server returned an error :(401) Unauthorized".
I have a project with load test. The test has many user profiles and I need to add more in some cases. When they become too much, I can not save my changes in Test Studio.
The .tstest file is about 40-50 MB when I have this issue.
I have a screen with multiple KendoNumericTextBox. After trying to use recorded and coded step to handle the second KendoNumericTextBox in the page using KendoInputValue, these same problem occurs to me:
1. The function "ClearBeforeTyping" clears the first KendoNumericTextBox instead of the second one but correctly input the data in the second one.
2. The function "UseClientAPI" clears and input data in the first KendoNumericTextBox instead of the second one.
When i validate and locate each of the element, the tool is able to locate them correctly. In coded step, I only use the second textbox , not the first one but in execution, it still edit the first textbox and the problems mentioned above happened.
What should i do to be able to handle this type of textbox correctly?
For certain control Test Studio can record elements using chained queries - include parent and child element. If one wants to create such manually or modify an existing element to use chained query, needs to use the coded approach to define elements' queries. There is no way how to adjust an element's query to be chained if using the Edit element pane in the UI.
It will be really useful to add the ability to modify the elements queries and transform these to chained queries.
Android mobile app cannot be configured with Android Gradle plugin 3.4.2 and no test can be recorded against that.
When using a builtin step for checking rowscount of a table that uses "greater than" or "less than" it fails even though it should not.
"Equals" works fine.. but if I use any other TableVerificationType than "equals", then it fails.. unless if I convert it to a coded step.
So to reiterate: If I convert the step to a coded step then it works.
We have several test projects that now have failing tests because of this.
Attached test project that showcases the problem.
Pre-requisite: Upgrade to 2019.1.212.0 from 2018.3.1004.0
1. Select the Test List tab
2. Click the List button and add a new Test List with appropriate tests.
3. Click Save
4. Notice the "Storage service unreachable." message pop-up.
5. Click "OK" on the pop-up.
6. Notice that the Test List and Tests are saved as expected.
**This issue did not happen on the previous version of Test Studio
When the element's find expression fails to find the element it should log in the execution log, that alternative method of verification is used.
The Wait for Exists step does not log the usage of image verification, even though the find expression fails.
The behavior with click step is as expected and the log is correctly generated.'17-Jul-19 14:10:30' - 'Pass' : 2. Click 'BtnKSubmit'
During the trial period of Test Studio, by each start of Test Studio or Visual Studio there is a prompt window to continue the trial or activate a purchased license.
The license prompt window of the Test Studio plugin (part of the DevCraft Ultimate package as well) in Visual Studio 2019 start window prevents typing in the following native VS windows - Create project and Clone/Checkout code.
I. Change how Visual Studio 2019 starts:
1. Open any existing project in VS 2019
2. Open Tools-> Options-> Environment -> Startup
3. Select any of the other listed options in the dropdown on the right - Most recent solution or Empty Environment.
II. For the cases when DevCraft Ultimate is installed and the Test Studio plugin is not the current focus of evaluation.
1. Disable the Test Studio extensions.
2. Open any existing project in VS 2019
3. Open Extensions -> Manage Extensions -> disable the following extensions:
The imported test was created with data binding. After I imported the test successfully, I did not get/have the xls that was used in the other project. The test execution fails due to the missing data source file.
GetComputedStyle() for hyphenated computed style against Microsoft Edge does fails with the following error:InnerException: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.