Steps to reproduce:
1. Open an Enter password step and expand in the step pane
2. Set the encrypt property
Expected: All fields with the actual text entered should be masked with *
Actual: If the step is expanded the actual text entered field does not change its value.
Note: Reopening the test fixes the visual glitch.
A popup with "End of Central Directory record could not be found." error shows up when I try to add a custom step from the step builder.
When I restart Test Studio, the test works fine.
After installing my DevCraft package, my keyboard has limited functionality, when trying to create a new project/solution in Visual Studio 2019. I am able to use "space" and "backspace" keys, but not letters and numbers.
Uninstalled Test Studio Dev or disabling Telerik.TestStudio extension and I have full keyboard functionality on screen for creating a new project in Visual Studio 2019.
As a workaround I am able to use CTRL + V to paste any text from my clipboard.
Data bound request does not support "application/json" content type.
The exception listed in the log:
Wait for exists step is failing with the error below, when Test Studio is not able to find the element:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
As a result the conditional steps are not working as expected and the test fails.
The workaround for this issue is to change the WaitForExists step to VerifyExists step and the test works.
How can I change the size of the element suggestion pane? I can't seem to click and drag it, and I'd like to see more than two or three options.
Currently there is only a scroll that can be used to view all options.
I have some databound parrent tests.
For these I have created seperate sheets in my excel, to ensure my part test are working i switch their databinding between the sheets to ensure them working in all environments.
Everytime i rebind a test the excel file gets corrupted! I have to restart the computer and then it works again… What is the fix for this?
I have attached an example of being unable to open the excel document!
Steps to reproduce: Using the project attached execute the test which should handle a dialog. Expected behavior: The save dialog is handled successfully Actual behavior: The dialog is not handled and the following is output in the log: System.TimeoutException: Timed out waiting '60000' msec. for any dialog to be handled '1' Result StackTrace: at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Win32.Dialogs.BaseDialog.WaitUntilAnyHandled(IEnumerable`1 dialogs, Int32 handleCount, Int64 timeoutMilliseconds, Boolean resetHandleCount) at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Win32.Dialogs.BaseDialog.WaitUntilHandled(Int32 handleCount, Int32 timeout, Boolean resetHandleCount) at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Win32.Dialogs.BaseDialog.WaitUntilHandled() at UnitTestProject2.UnitTest1.TestMethod1() in c:\Users\ittodorov\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\UnitTestProject2\UnitTestProject2\UnitTest1.cs:line 42
Changing the DPI settings to 125%, for example, on Windows 7 causes troubles with the Desktop clicks when running tests against Chrome. The click is below or above the target element. Highlighting in record mode may also be affected.
Workaround: As a workaround the Desktop clicks (MouseClick() method) can be replaced with the Click() method, which works as expected. The alternative in a non-coded solution is to disable the 'SimulateRealClick' option for the click steps.
Allow deserialization of dateTime values to strings instead of DateTime objects when extracting such with JSONPath.
When a dateTime value is returned in a JSON response ("2019-04-08T00:00:00") and a JSONPath expression is used to extract it from that response, Test Studio deserializes it to a DateTime object. This leads to losing its original format.
It will be useful to have the option to deserialize it in a plain string value.
When using the visual studio plug-in, if you update coded files (anything ending in .tstest.cs), when you open your project back up in TS standalone IDE, the changes you made to any given coded file will not automatically be detected so you must open up every .tstest file corresponding to the .tstest.cs files you changed in visual studio, and only then will the IDE see the changes
Currently any custom added dynamic target should be created separately for each next request.
For example, if there is a user session token generated in the first responses and used in the following requests (as a cookie, header, etc.), the only way to pass it to all upcoming requests is to create a new one for each request.
It will be useful to have the ability to reuse the already created custom target and only change its destination step.
Multiselect control cannot be recorded against IE as expected. When selecting more than one value from it, using the Ctrl key, not all selected options are listed in the 'SelectedItems' step property.
The 'SelectedItems' step property does not display names of the selected items and it is not visible how many elements there are to be selected.
If the desired items are manually added in the mentioned property, they will be selected correctly in run-time.