I would like to report what is probably a bug within the Telerik Test Studio.
I have imported / data bound a CSV file to a data driven test case. There is one field in one record that is not being picked up by your software. It is very bizarre. I though I had encountered something like this before but was not able to reproduce. Now, I have found it again. The column in question contains both American zip codes and Canadian postal codes. The all numeric zip codes are being picked up but the alpha-numeric postal code is not.
I have included a copy of the CSV file and a couple of screenshots from the software (one in Excel and the other from the "Bind test to a data source" screen) of the file in question.
When I used...
...in a coded step I see absolutely nothing in the dialog screen.
If you wish to see my project please let me know.
The issue here is that when I create a bug in Jira Cloud or TFS and attach the results, I get different contend in the attached files. If I run a test manually from the project tab (quick execution), click on the step failure details for a failed step, and submit a bug I get the detailed log files in the attachment. If I run the test from a test list (either locally or remotely) the log files only contain a single line. This affects both ExecutionLog.txt and FailedStepLog.txt. I don't see why they should be different. It is very hard to troubleshoot and issue without the full log.
I was going though the IOS and Android api-reference document (https://docs.telerik.com/teststudio/test-studio-mobile/api-reference/ios), I was wondering if there is a method to get row count of a UITableView or of any other collection
This can make it much easier to loop and traverse through the TableView dynamically and interacting with the elements inside the TableView easily.
I noticed the Hybrid api-reference document has a method called "getRowCount" but it works with Web.(
uint rowCount = this.ActiveDevice.Web.GetRowCount(Elements.MyScreen.WebView.TableView);)
Is there anything similar for iOS and Android?
There are user scenarios in which load testing http requests can be data driven with predefined and known data. In such case there will be no need of a dynamic target taking data from a previous http call to pass the necessary data.
It will be useful to add the ability to directly data drive the http request parameters.
I have enabled the "Reconnect to console on disconnect" option in my execution server. When I close the active remote connection, I noticed that the resolution changes and this causes my tests to fail.
Please find a solution for this.
Please add the possibility to edit multiple test lists' settings at the same time and create new test list with already predefined settings.
This will make it easier to maintain my project.
The SimulateRealTyping option is missing for my RadSearchBox text entered step. At the same time I have the option to change the typing speed, which seems like a bug.
There is also missing ScrollToVisibleType for this action.
Currently the results view in Test Studio only shows results from the Results folder in the project. Please add an option to change this path to a different folder or navigate through the different results in subfolders.
Is it possible to use SetExtractedValue or an equivalent/alternative method available in teststudio mobile?
We used that method in Teststudio web to verify entered data in later steps. We've checked the documentation but couldn't find anything like it.
In this case we want to create a test for a webshop. In this test we add an article to our shoppingcart, in every step in the order process we want to verify that the article has the same price and amount.
Martien van Steenbergen
In my test scenario, I am logging into various applications with different usernames and passwords. Test scripts are bound to external data source (xml file) which stores each application credentials.
I don't want to explore these details in the test/test list results, but currently everything in the data source file is logged. Please find a solution.
Explore the possibilities to integrate with third party email services like SendGrid - this uses a username which is not a valid email. Thus the current implementation of the SMTP settings in the Scheduling configuration cannot be used to send an email.
We are trying to record mobile web tests, but after visiting the first page the device gets disconnected.
A loading screen appears in the DOM explorer, but after a while it stops without recording the second page.
The switching between pages is with normal anchors on the website.
This happens on certain pages with large DOM size.
I was able to add a custom dynamic target and bind it to a data source. When I do the same for another custom dynamic target with the same Field Name and save the changes, the data binding breaks.
Both dynamic targets are changed to the first target with the lower destination step.
The selection from a KendoAngularList dropdown is defaulting to the recorded selection, when the step is data driven.
The temporary workaround is to convert the step to code from the context menu, after it is all configured.