We are trying to record mobile web tests, but after visiting the first page the device gets disconnected.
A loading screen appears in the DOM explorer, but after a while it stops without recording the second page.
The switching between pages is with normal anchors on the website.
This happens on certain pages with large DOM size.
Visual Studio behaves differently when using the PresentationCore.dll and on scaling different than 100% - here is some additional information about the Microsoft DPIHelper class.
Using this one somehow interferes with how Test Studio and the Testing Framework handles the different display scaling settings and causes some actions to be performed on wrong element.
When used in code Wait.For() certain element's attribute state, does not respect the timeout set to wait.
Additional details shared internally.
One of my element has the following find logic:
XPath is exactly //td/input[@title[contains(., 'End Date (Month Day Year)')]]
When I ran my script I got the error below:
Exception thrown executing coded step: 'Enter Leave Request To Date in 'LeaveRequestToDateText''.
'//td/input[@title[contains(. 'End Date (Month Day Year)')]]' has an invalid token.
I notice that the find logic expression displayed in the error message has a missing comma. Do you know why?
I was able to add a custom dynamic target and bind it to a data source. When I do the same for another custom dynamic target with the same Field Name and save the changes, the data binding breaks.
Both dynamic targets are changed to the first target with the lower destination step.
The selection from a KendoAngularList dropdown is defaulting to the recorded selection, when the step is data driven.
The temporary workaround is to convert the step to code from the context menu, after it is all configured.
Custom WPF application with specific control - ViewBox, causes the highlighting to be misaligned.
In case the ViewBox control is removed from the application structure, the highlighting works as expected.
The step failure details shows the option to add an element to the repository. This option actually does not work and it does not generate any log.
I would like to report what is probably a bug within the Telerik Test Studio.
I have imported / data bound a CSV file to a data driven test case. There is one field in one record that is not being picked up by your software. It is very bizarre. I though I had encountered something like this before but was not able to reproduce. Now, I have found it again. The column in question contains both American zip codes and Canadian postal codes. The all numeric zip codes are being picked up but the alpha-numeric postal code is not.
I have included a copy of the CSV file and a couple of screenshots from the software (one in Excel and the other from the "Bind test to a data source" screen) of the file in question.
When I used...
...in a coded step I see absolutely nothing in the dialog screen.
If you wish to see my project please let me know.
The issue here is that when I create a bug in Jira Cloud or TFS and attach the results, I get different contend in the attached files. If I run a test manually from the project tab (quick execution), click on the step failure details for a failed step, and submit a bug I get the detailed log files in the attachment. If I run the test from a test list (either locally or remotely) the log files only contain a single line. This affects both ExecutionLog.txt and FailedStepLog.txt. I don't see why they should be different. It is very hard to troubleshoot and issue without the full log.
I have enabled the "Reconnect to console on disconnect" option in my execution server. When I close the active remote connection, I noticed that the resolution changes and this causes my tests to fail.
Please find a solution for this.
The SimulateRealTyping option is missing for my RadSearchBox text entered step. At the same time I have the option to change the typing speed, which seems like a bug.
There is also missing ScrollToVisibleType for this action.