When opening a data source by the wizard and go through it then save (even without any modification), the provider property will be cleared. Workaround: Re-set the 'Provider name' again upon closing the wizard, by the properties window. Product: Report Designer v2014.Q2
In the attached photo, I combined the first 2 pages of the PDF I get when I export the reports as a PDF (there were 198 pages in total). The second page is the continuation of the bar chart, as the bars expand. This is not readable or insightful to a user who wants to view the report, as he/she can not see any of the labeling of the X or Y axis on the second page. I would like to see labeling of both the X and Y axis on each page, so that the reports are easier to read. The same applies for graphs, columns, and table reports as well.
When using multi-child select statement like the below: SELECT ORG, C1, C2, ... FROM ( (SELECT X FROM Y WHERE Z1 = xxx AND Z2 = :param1 AND DATE BETWEEN :param2 AND :param3) C1, (SELECT X FROM Y WHERE Z1 = yyy AND Z2 = :param1 AND DATE BETWEEN :param2 AND :param3) C2, ... ) Then binding with report parameter will be like: param1 = rpt_param1 param2 = rpt_param2 param3 = rpt_param3 The an error occurred while excuting the query in the datasource wizard. Also, some time the wizard accepts the query but the preview mode will display the same error. The error is "ORA-01008 : Not all variables bound" ______________________________________ Workaround: Don't use the same query parameter in more than one child select statement. Create new datasource parameters per each select statement; then bind them all to the same report parameter. SELECT ORG, C1, C2, ... FROM ( (SELECT X FROM Y WHERE Z1 = xxx AND Z2 = :param11 AND DATE BETWEEN :param12 AND :param13) C1, (SELECT X FROM Y WHERE Z1 = yyy AND Z2 = :param21 AND DATE BETWEEN :param22 AND :param23) C2, ... ) Then binding with report parameter will be like: param11 = rpt_param1 param21 = rpt_param1 param12 = rpt_param2 param22 = rpt_param2 param13 = rpt_param3 param23 = rpt_param3 ______________________________________ Products: * Report Designer v2014.Q2 * Oracle Database 10g1, 10g2 or 12c * Oracle Client: ODTwithODAC 22.214.171.124.0 Or Less
Telerik.reportdesigner.exe crash with Null reference exception when add new object datasource with "Choose a data source member".
WPF can display very complex text, like mathematical function, or create intricate image. Such feature is missing in Reporting. A function should exist in Reporting to render a WPF control as image in report for such case (using RenderTargetBitmap).
The Reporting Graph item support now only one data source, unlike RadChartView. When displaying different collection, we must for the moment put everything in one collection, and group/filter in Graph, because of this limitation.
I would like to be able to write an expression that will call a user function when the ItemDataBound event fires for the report. This would allow me to wire up the custom functionality that we have built so that the user can see the result from the preview in the designer. Currently the user has to go to a preview window in our application to see the result but if I had a way to wire the ItemDataBound event for the report then I could make it possible to see the result without leaving the designer. I thought that if you made this possible for the report it probably would make sense to enable it for all controls since they all have the the ItemDataBinding and ItemDataBound events. In my case I don't know how I could implement this any other way because it needs to run after the binding has completed for the entire report.
Telerik Reporting Online Examples have lots of examples of reports, but no examples of how to call these reports! I'd like to see examples of calling a report from a button on a page, or calling a report by clicking on a button in a radgrid row, and of course passing parameters from said pages or grids.
Hi Telerik! I spent lots of time investigating the following situation. For some reason the editor that I used to modify Telerik.ReportDesigner.exe.config file switched xml elements names to lowercase. ReportDesigner was not started at all in that case. Even no error message was shown. I had to explore system events logs and found that ReportDesigner.exe throwed an System.IO.FileLoadException. But still with no details. Only after hours of exploring I found the problem with xml-element names and fixed it. I think if you add .config file validation with user-friendly messages during ReportDesigner starting it will help.
Running the report book demo in Chrome v "34.0.1847.116 m" under Windows 8 crashes the Silverlight plugin. This does however not happen under I.E 11. http://demos.telerik.com/reporting/report-book/silverlight-demo.aspx