Hi Kendo Team,
The exported excel file from spreadsheet can not be opened in Microsoft excel when the spreadsheet has both a comment and a image.
You can reproduce the issue at your demo site https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
First add a comment for cell D3, then add a image, then export as xlsx.
Try open the export excel file, and you will see the error popup says "we found a problem with some content in workbook.xlsx ......"
It works when exporting comment and image separately.
Spreadsheet SUMIF function returns #NA when Excel returns the correct result. The issue is observed when the criteria range and sum range have different sizes.
Reproduction of the problem
Run the Spreadsheet demo page
Open the attached file
Formula in cell B3 returns #NA!
The formula in cell B3 returns #NA!
The formula in cell B3 should return the correct value
Kendo UI version: 2019.3.1023
2. Select Column B11, click wrap text from Home toolbar.
3. Start typing in B11 & see cell editor keeps growing and goes beyond screen.
4. This is not user friendly, it should be same as Excel
5. Any alternative or quick fix would be appreciable
Reproducible with the Default and Bootstrap SASS themes.
Reproducible in the demos.
Icons are misaligned.
Icons are properly aligned.
Reproducible in the demos.
The link does not work. It does if you specify a "friendly name":
The link works with and without a "friendly name" specified, as in Excel.
When destroying a SpreadSheet and removing its corresponding DOM element, there are some DOM nodes added on SpreadSheet's initialization which are not removed after the execution of .destroy() and .remove().
Not all DOM elements added on SpreadSheet initialization are being removed when destroying it and removing its corresponding DOM element.
After destroying a SpreadSheet and removing its corresponding DOM element, no DOM nodes added on component's initialization should be presented in the DOM tree.
2. Open Workbook(1).xlsx (attached)
3. Edit B2, D2, F2 with some new values
4. See the results in B4, D4, F4
Calculations are different in Excel.
2. Try to select columns B to D using mouse
3. Click on column B, keeping mouse clicked, move your mouse towards C then D
4. It does not allow to select B,C,D where as it is possible in Excel.
It is serious issue for me as I could not proceed with Hide/Unhide columns and some other features depend on multiple columns selection
Note: if we add a blank row at first position then it works well, seems like first with merged columns is creating problem.
I made research about Kendo Spreadsheet control and I found some of unlogical things in example:
1. When I made changes (kendoSpreadsheetCancelChanges.png) in spreadsheet and click on CANCEL CHANGES button, all of these changes aren't removed.
2. Manually reading spreadsheet datasource, all of these changes aren't removed. For example, when I type in console
$("#spreadsheet").data("kendoSpreadsheet").options.sheets.dataSource.read();, datasource is reading, but almost all changes are shown. Why?
I am developing a Web application using Kendo UI Spreadsheet control, but I noticed that when I copy some numbers from a Excel sheet to the spreadsheet and then copy back to Excel, the decimal values are quite different, I mean, the decimal precision has been affected.
I have the following numbers on a Excel sheet:
Then, I copy them to the Kendo spreadsheet and I got the following:
But when I copy them back to Excel I got this:
Losing many decimals affecting the results of my computation and calculation.
Can you tell me why is this happening?
Thank you some much.