Wanting to format a subset of a single cell with text styling different from the rest of the cell contents. Something like the following:
Use case: My app doesn't know how many rows of data the excel spreadsheet will be prior to upload. I've defaulted to my maximum amount of 10,000 which will be normal for some, but overkill for others. The ability to change the number of rows/columns to accommodate the size of the sheet after loading, would be a nice addition. As a workaround, I'm destroying and reloading the widget instance after the initial load.
2. Start editing cells D3 to D11 as fast as possible (like type 45 enter, 45 enter, 45 enter and so on) (refer attached videos)
3. UI freezes for few seconds, and then all cells get updated in one go
4. But Excel 365, Excel and GoogleSheet work fine in such cases
5. Please make similar UI behavior as in Excel.
Check attached Excel Data Entry & Kendo Data Entry video recordings
2. Upload the attached sample.xlsx file.
3. Cell B1 getting value from cell A1 using formula "=TEXT(A1, "$#,###")"
4. Delete(Blank) the value of cell A1, see error #VALUE! in cell B1.
5. The same is working fine in Excel.
6. Please suggest any workaround or quick fix.
Check attached Sample.xlsx file in Sample.zip folder
Would like to suggest 2 features for the spreadsheet which will be very useful
1) Ability to delete specific cell (not just the content, but the cell itself). Currently there is way to delete row or columns, but no cell deletion. When cell is deleted, user should be prompted whether to allow all cells below the deleted cell to shift up, or all cells on the right of it to shift left. Akin to excel
2) Format painter. The ability to "paint" the styles (such as font size, boldness) from existing text to another existing text. Akin to excel.