1. Open https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index in IE 11
2. Start editing cells C3 to C12 and enter value 1234 in each cell as fast as possible
3. 1234 enter, 1234 enter , 1234 enter and so on without waiting for UI rendering completion as UI freezes for few seconds, and then all cells get updated in one go
4. below is the result, few cells are having wrong values
5. Its very serious issue
Note: Excel 365, Excel and GoogleSheet works fine in such cases
When a string, used as old_text for SUBSTITUTE(text, old_text, new_text, [instance_num]) function, is repeated more than once and the new_text is an empty string, one occurrence of the old_text remains not substituted.
=SUBSTITUTE(A1, "ab", "")
ab with another string, e.g.
cd, replaces all instances of
ab as expected.
113ab11 - when ab is repeated more than once in a row, one of its instances remains unchanged to an empty string
I have observed that Conditional Formatting in Spreadhseet is not supported. Please add support for the same as it is very important feature of XLSX. during financial calculation this feature plays an important role. Here is the issue that needs a fix.
2. Check attached file CellColorFormula.xlsx, conditional formatting set for B2, C2, D2
3. Import attached file CellColorFormula.xlsx
4. Check Cells B2, C2, D2 and try to change values for A2, C2, D2
5. None of the conditional formatting is working
Hi again :)
I see that in the configuration I can specify the max number of rows/column. However, I can do it per component basis, and I would like to have that on a per-sheet basis. Any way I can implement this?
When destroying a SpreadSheet and removing its corresponding DOM element, there are some DOM nodes added on SpreadSheet's initialization which are not removed after the execution of .destroy() and .remove().
Not all DOM elements added on SpreadSheet initialization are being removed when destroying it and removing its corresponding DOM element.
After destroying a SpreadSheet and removing its corresponding DOM element, no DOM nodes added on component's initialization should be presented in the DOM tree.
Wanting to format a subset of a single cell with text styling different from the rest of the cell contents. Something like the following:
Errors are encountered. Even if resolving the errors bold styles are not applied as they are part of the font definition and not of the inlineStyles.
The excel is imported as expected.
Use case: My app doesn't know how many rows of data the excel spreadsheet will be prior to upload. I've defaulted to my maximum amount of 10,000 which will be normal for some, but overkill for others. The ability to change the number of rows/columns to accommodate the size of the sheet after loading, would be a nice addition. As a workaround, I'm destroying and reloading the widget instance after the initial load.
2. Open Workbook(1).xlsx (attached)
3. Edit B2, D2, F2 with some new values
4. See the results in B4, D4, F4
Calculations are different in Excel.
2. Start editing cells D3 to D11 as fast as possible (like type 45 enter, 45 enter, 45 enter and so on) (refer attached videos)
3. UI freezes for few seconds, and then all cells get updated in one go
4. But Excel 365, Excel and GoogleSheet work fine in such cases
5. Please make similar UI behavior as in Excel.
Check attached Excel Data Entry & Kendo Data Entry video recordings
2. Upload the attached sample.xlsx file.
3. Cell B1 getting value from cell A1 using formula "=TEXT(A1, "$#,###")"
4. Delete(Blank) the value of cell A1, see error #VALUE! in cell B1.
5. The same is working fine in Excel.
6. Please suggest any workaround or quick fix.
Check attached Sample.xlsx file in Sample.zip folder
2. Try to select columns B to D using mouse
3. Click on column B, keeping mouse clicked, move your mouse towards C then D
4. It does not allow to select B,C,D where as it is possible in Excel.
It is serious issue for me as I could not proceed with Hide/Unhide columns and some other features depend on multiple columns selection
Note: if we add a blank row at first position then it works well, seems like first with merged columns is creating problem.
Would like to suggest 2 features for the spreadsheet which will be very useful
1) Ability to delete specific cell (not just the content, but the cell itself). Currently there is way to delete row or columns, but no cell deletion. When cell is deleted, user should be prompted whether to allow all cells below the deleted cell to shift up, or all cells on the right of it to shift left. Akin to excel
2) Format painter. The ability to "paint" the styles (such as font size, boldness) from existing text to another existing text. Akin to excel.
I made research about Kendo Spreadsheet control and I found some of unlogical things in example:
1. When I made changes (kendoSpreadsheetCancelChanges.png) in spreadsheet and click on CANCEL CHANGES button, all of these changes aren't removed.
2. Manually reading spreadsheet datasource, all of these changes aren't removed. For example, when I type in console
$("#spreadsheet").data("kendoSpreadsheet").options.sheets.dataSource.read();, datasource is reading, but almost all changes are shown. Why?
I am developing a Web application using Kendo UI Spreadsheet control, but I noticed that when I copy some numbers from a Excel sheet to the spreadsheet and then copy back to Excel, the decimal values are quite different, I mean, the decimal precision has been affected.
I have the following numbers on a Excel sheet:
Then, I copy them to the Kendo spreadsheet and I got the following:
But when I copy them back to Excel I got this:
Losing many decimals affecting the results of my computation and calculation.
Can you tell me why is this happening?
Thank you some much.