For the time being the Spreadsheet parser is unable to read files which tags are not in the default namespace. Try to open the attached file in this demo project: https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index.
You won't be able to load the file. If you open the file in Excel, save the file ("Ctrl+S") and try to load it in the Spreadsheet again, there will be no issues with it. The difference in file's structure before and after being saved in Excel could be seen in the attached screenshot.
The code in red is the structure of the file before saving it and the one in green is after the "save" operation. The difference between the files is that the structure of the one saved in Excel inserts the tags in the default namespace while the original document uses the "x:" namespace.
It will be very useful if we can load files with defined namespaces in their structure.
Currently the spreadsheet dynamically creates the FilterMenu for a range, that is, it's not created until someone clicks the filter dropdown, and it's destroyed if they switched tabs. There is no event that is fired when these things happen, which makes it hard to attach to, and customize, the FilterMenu without setting up some crazy listening code (setTimeout, etc.). It would be great if either (or both: - You could specify a template for the filter menu. - You could listen for a "FilterMenu Initialized" event and capture the menu there and customize it.
2. Select column B and drag mouse towards C, both columns will be selected which is correct behavior
3. Now just scroll down 2-3 rows using vertical scroll bar
4. Repeat step 2, this time it does not select B & C, instead it selects B,C,D,E.
5. Seems a bug, not an expected behavior.
Observation that might help you in fixing it:
1. if you move scroll bar in such a way so that no merged cell is visible it works well, e.g. scroll down till 20th row becomes first visible row on screen and now repeat step 2, it will work
2. if scroll position is on top then behavior is correct as well
3. Same issue exists in case of multiple row selection with merged column and scroll position.
The first row is duplicated.
The first row is not duplicated
There is an issue with the Date type fields validation in the Spreadsheet.
Here are the reproduction steps:
1. Open https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
2. Import attached xlsx file.
3. There are two date cells (B1 & B2), B2 has a data validation (Date between B1 to ToDay)
4. Try to edit the date using the calendar icon from B2. An empty calendar appears
Note: If I change data validation (remove reference of B1 and put hardcoded date) as below then it works.
If an Excel file that contains Shapes is imported in the Spreadsheet, the imported content cannot be exported back to '.xlsx' file. Saving the imported content to Excel throws an error in the console.
The Spreadsheet content should be exported to Excel file that doesn't contain the shapes from the imported file
When a string, used as old_text for SUBSTITUTE(text, old_text, new_text, [instance_num]) function, is repeated more than once and the new_text is an empty string, one occurrence of the old_text remains not substituted.
=SUBSTITUTE(A1, "ab", "")
ab with another string, e.g.
cd, replaces all instances of
ab as expected.
113ab11 - when ab is repeated more than once in a row, one of its instances remains unchanged to an empty string
When using IE 11 and using Ctrl+X to cut, this only works the first time. All subsequent attempts to use cut produce the following dialog:
Error occurred in browser console after select cell with value, pressing cut scissors button on top and press undo shortcut key combination (Ctrl+Z at windows or Cmd+Z at macos)
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'row' of undefined
Errors are encountered. Even if resolving the errors bold styles are not applied as they are part of the font definition and not of the inlineStyles.
The excel is imported as expected.
The current client-side export functionality does not preserve the number of columns.
Load the following file in the Spreadsheet which contains columns up to "BA".
Export the file
Load the file again in the Spreadsheet and notice that the columns are displayed up to "AX" instead of "BA".
Client-side export does not preserve the number of columns greater than "AX".
Client-side export does not preserve the exact number of columns.
Hi Kendo Team,
The exported excel file from spreadsheet can not be opened in Microsoft excel when the spreadsheet has both a comment and a image.
You can reproduce the issue at your demo site https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
First add a comment for cell D3, then add a image, then export as xlsx.
Try open the export excel file, and you will see the error popup says "we found a problem with some content in workbook.xlsx ......"
It works when exporting comment and image separately.
Spreadsheet SUMIF function returns #NA when Excel returns the correct result. The issue is observed when the criteria range and sum range have different sizes.
Reproduction of the problem
Run the Spreadsheet demo page
Open the attached file
Formula in cell B3 returns #NA!
The formula in cell B3 returns #NA!
The formula in cell B3 should return the correct value
Kendo UI version: 2019.3.1023
2. Import attached Book21.xlsx file
3. I have first row as frozen pane and columns C, D are hidden
4. Select columns B to E using mouse drag & then right click on selected column , it does not show Unhide option, because on right click it keeps the selection only on column E
It does not work if we keep Freeze Panes.