Hi Kendo Team,
The exported excel file from spreadsheet can not be opened in Microsoft excel when the spreadsheet has both a comment and a image.
You can reproduce the issue at your demo site https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
First add a comment for cell D3, then add a image, then export as xlsx.
Try open the export excel file, and you will see the error popup says "we found a problem with some content in workbook.xlsx ......"
It works when exporting comment and image separately.
Spreadsheet SUMIF function returns #NA when Excel returns the correct result. The issue is observed when the criteria range and sum range have different sizes.
Reproduction of the problem
Run the Spreadsheet demo page
Open the attached file
Formula in cell B3 returns #NA!
The formula in cell B3 returns #NA!
The formula in cell B3 should return the correct value
Kendo UI version: 2019.3.1023
2. Import attached Book21.xlsx file
3. I have first row as frozen pane and columns C, D are hidden
4. Select columns B to E using mouse drag & then right click on selected column , it does not show Unhide option, because on right click it keeps the selection only on column E
It does not work if we keep Freeze Panes.
Is is possible to trigger validation in cells in spreadsheet control? I want to make all validation controls with a button click outside the spreadsheet control.
Office 365 Comment are shown with a warning:
Your version of Excel allows you to read this threaded comment; however, any edits to it will get removed if the file is opened in a newer version of Excel. Learn more: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=870924
go to demo - https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
import a file from ticket - 1447268
A warning is displayed
No warning is displayed
There is no TypeScript definition for defineFunction and no custom functions can be created in TypeScript context using the approach demonstrated in this Custom functions article.
Try defining a new function using:
The following error appears:
Propery "defineFunction" does not exist on type 'typeof spreadsheet'
There shouldn't be any errors
Please support Excel formulas copy and paste to Kendo Spreadsheet. Now is the copy only the text, not formulas.
1. Enter some text in a cell.
2. Increase the cell font size to 48.
3. Reduce the cell font size to 8.
4. Double click the row resize handler: the row height is not adjusted to correspond to font size 8.
The same behavior can be observed when opening an existing .xlsx file that has some text and font size set and following steps 3-4.
1. Open https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
2. Put some text in B2 so that it does not fit in the cell width.
3. Press Wrap Text button
4. Press Wrap Text again
5. The row height is not adjusted back to the original height (Excel does it)
I encountered a bug when using the spreadsheet control with a remote datasource which I was able to replicate using the datasource binding demo (https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/datasource).
When entering data on an empty cell in an empty row not adjacent to a non-empty row (e.g. a row that is two rows below the end of the data); then editing a cell in the same row, but adjacent column, this creates two items in the corresponding datasource.
Editing an empty row above this new row will modify one of the records created in this process.
Somtimes you just want to give the User a little Side Calc without a full blown Sheet, just the grid with some cells able to change.
I have observed that Conditional Formatting in Spreadhseet is not supported. Please add support for the same as it is very important feature of XLSX. during financial calculation this feature plays an important role. Here is the issue that needs a fix.
2. Check attached file CellColorFormula.xlsx, conditional formatting set for B2, C2, D2
3. Import attached file CellColorFormula.xlsx
4. Check Cells B2, C2, D2 and try to change values for A2, C2, D2
5. None of the conditional formatting is working
2. Copy from F3:F15
3. Paste as value (ctrl+shift+v) in H3
4. See it pasted only non-empty cells
Empty cells values should be pasted as well as Excel does.
The FromJson method of Telerik.Web.Spreadsheet.Workbook doesn't add images when a JSON containing an image blob is passed to it.
It would be nice if the FromJson method supports images.