Currently if you access cells range programmatically, you can set background color, text color etc. It would be good to have the way to set classes or to get the DOM of the range. Another option would be to get DOM or set a class to individual cells (e.g. via range.forEachCell).
Right now, a List based validation is strict on case, it'd be nice to have a toggle for when it is appropriate.
I have altered the kendo code to add row and column references to the k-spreadsheet-cell dom objects. A sample of this is: <div style="color: rgb(81, . . . class="k-spreadsheet-cell r17c1 row-17 col-1"> . . . . I have items that I wish to place on top of cells in the spreadsheet. I can use these classes to identify the dom element corresponding to a spreadsheet cell object. I wish that this thing would let me post images. This is working really well. Request: It would be nice if the spreadsheet code to do this out of the box. Further, it would be beneficial to add a 'tag' property to a spreadsheet cell that would be indicated in the cell's dom object. If a cell has a tag, it should be rendered even if it doesn't have non-trivial formatting or a value.
IF any custom validation available for spreadsheet cells, then while exporting the sheet, those validation error messages or formats not getting exported. So here it will be helpful if its exports validations too. So user can see error in both UI and Exported file. In the below example, user can see the error messages in ui but cant see on the exported file. https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/controls/data-management/spreadsheet/how-to/validation-to-column
When editing a workbook with the Spreadsheet component, if a user switches from a worksheet to another, then moves the scrollbars, when switching back, although the active cell is adequately recovered, the scrollbars are not (the user experience is that they do not react to worksheet switching).
Is this behavior planned to be changed? Is there a workaround?
DefaultCellStyle property in spreadsheet has a field “Wrap”, but doesn’t have a field “Format”. For example, if I need to process all cells as text, I must set the field “Format” on a client side: sheet.range("A1:AX200").wrap(true).format("@"); It works. But the initialization of the range ("A1:AX200") takes time… It is not very fast… It would be better to have the field “Format” in the DefaultCellStyle property in spreadsheet…
Custom editors are great! But often when you have a custom editor, you want to restrict data entry to only use that editor, and not free-form typing in the cell. You can prevent free-form typing in the cell by disabling the cell, but then the custom editor button is no longer available. Suggestion is to still show custom editor button even if cell is disabled, perhaps with an additional setting; so that you could optionally not show the custom editor if the cell is disabled, since often a disabled cell should prevent any kind of modification.
1. Open "Sample Kendo UI SpreadSheet Example.html" attached html file in the chrome browser.
2. Click on open button in the Toolbar of the spreadsheet.
3. Select "Sample Excel with Font Colors.xlsx" attached excel file. This excel file contains headers with background color and Rows with ForeColors.
4. Now when the file is loaded, you will observe that B2, B3 and B5 should come up in Red fore color but the fore color of these cell in the kendo spread sheet is Black.
5. Similarly C2 to C5 should come in Green color but the fore color in the spreadsheet is black.
Query: Kindly let me know how can we achieve the fore color present in the excel sheet show show up in the Kendo UI Spreadsheet?
2. Open attached MultipleSheetsRowHeightIssue.xlsx
3. Please notice there are 3 sheets with default row height 20, 30, 40 respectively (you can check in MS Excel)
4. Now Click export, and open the exported file again
5. Now we have an issue here - all sheets set to default row height to 40. (It seems that it is setting the last sheet's default row height to all sheets)
Its severe issue, please share a fix or at least provide some workaround.
When using the bottom right corner of a cell to batch copy values across a range by dragging the corner, an error popup appears if a disabled cell is found inside the range that was dragged into. It is possible to reproduce this with this demo: https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/disabled-cells 1. Set the quantity column to disabled. 2. Select B3. 3. Drag the bottom right corner of B3 to D3. 4. See error: "Destination range contains disabled cells." There should be an option to allow that to copy into any enabled cells in that range and ignore the disabled ones.
Additional functionality for: -- Conditional Formatting -- coloring of cells, for example based upon a value and then be able to import from excel, and export back out. -- Data Validation (dropdowns). Also be able to import and export back out.
1. Save Excel workbook to folder on server (the Excel file can be re-purposed in many ways) 2. Better ways to send sheet data back to controller ... more JSON serialization options, csv, etc.