2. Select column B and drag mouse towards C, both columns will be selected which is correct behavior
3. Now just scroll down 2-3 rows using vertical scroll bar
4. Repeat step 2, this time it does not select B & C, instead it selects B,C,D,E.
5. Seems a bug, not an expected behavior.
Observation that might help you in fixing it:
1. if you move scroll bar in such a way so that no merged cell is visible it works well, e.g. scroll down till 20th row becomes first visible row on screen and now repeat step 2, it will work
2. if scroll position is on top then behavior is correct as well
3. Same issue exists in case of multiple row selection with merged column and scroll position.
The first row is duplicated.
The first row is not duplicated
There is an issue with the Date type fields validation in the Spreadsheet.
Here are the reproduction steps:
1. Open https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
2. Import attached xlsx file.
3. There are two date cells (B1 & B2), B2 has a data validation (Date between B1 to ToDay)
4. Try to edit the date using the calendar icon from B2. An empty calendar appears
Note: If I change data validation (remove reference of B1 and put hardcoded date) as below then it works.
If an Excel file that contains Shapes is imported in the Spreadsheet, the imported content cannot be exported back to '.xlsx' file. Saving the imported content to Excel throws an error in the console.
The Spreadsheet content should be exported to Excel file that doesn't contain the shapes from the imported file
When a string, used as old_text for SUBSTITUTE(text, old_text, new_text, [instance_num]) function, is repeated more than once and the new_text is an empty string, one occurrence of the old_text remains not substituted.
=SUBSTITUTE(A1, "ab", "")
ab with another string, e.g.
cd, replaces all instances of
ab as expected.
113ab11 - when ab is repeated more than once in a row, one of its instances remains unchanged to an empty string
When using IE 11 and using Ctrl+X to cut, this only works the first time. All subsequent attempts to use cut produce the following dialog:
Error occurred in browser console after select cell with value, pressing cut scissors button on top and press undo shortcut key combination (Ctrl+Z at windows or Cmd+Z at macos)
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'row' of undefined
Errors are encountered. Even if resolving the errors bold styles are not applied as they are part of the font definition and not of the inlineStyles.
The excel is imported as expected.
The current client-side export functionality does not preserve the number of columns.
Load the following file in the Spreadsheet which contains columns up to "BA".
Export the file
Load the file again in the Spreadsheet and notice that the columns are displayed up to "AX" instead of "BA".
Client-side export does not preserve the number of columns greater than "AX".
Client-side export does not preserve the exact number of columns.
Hi Kendo Team,
The exported excel file from spreadsheet can not be opened in Microsoft excel when the spreadsheet has both a comment and a image.
You can reproduce the issue at your demo site https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
First add a comment for cell D3, then add a image, then export as xlsx.
Try open the export excel file, and you will see the error popup says "we found a problem with some content in workbook.xlsx ......"
It works when exporting comment and image separately.
Spreadsheet SUMIF function returns #NA when Excel returns the correct result. The issue is observed when the criteria range and sum range have different sizes.
Reproduction of the problem
Run the Spreadsheet demo page
Open the attached file
Formula in cell B3 returns #NA!
The formula in cell B3 returns #NA!
The formula in cell B3 should return the correct value
Kendo UI version: 2019.3.1023
2. Import attached Book21.xlsx file
3. I have first row as frozen pane and columns C, D are hidden
4. Select columns B to E using mouse drag & then right click on selected column , it does not show Unhide option, because on right click it keeps the selection only on column E
It does not work if we keep Freeze Panes.
Is is possible to trigger validation in cells in spreadsheet control? I want to make all validation controls with a button click outside the spreadsheet control.
Office 365 Comment are shown with a warning:
Your version of Excel allows you to read this threaded comment; however, any edits to it will get removed if the file is opened in a newer version of Excel. Learn more: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=870924
go to demo - https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
import a file from ticket - 1447268
A warning is displayed
No warning is displayed
There is no TypeScript definition for defineFunction and no custom functions can be created in TypeScript context using the approach demonstrated in this Custom functions article.
Try defining a new function using:
The following error appears:
Propery "defineFunction" does not exist on type 'typeof spreadsheet'
There shouldn't be any errors
Please support Excel formulas copy and paste to Kendo Spreadsheet. Now is the copy only the text, not formulas.