2. Select Column B11, click wrap text from Home toolbar.
3. Start typing in B11 & see cell editor keeps growing and goes beyond screen.
4. This is not user friendly, it should be same as Excel
5. Any alternative or quick fix would be appreciable
Office 365 Comment are shown with a warning:
Your version of Excel allows you to read this threaded comment; however, any edits to it will get removed if the file is opened in a newer version of Excel. Learn more: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=870924
go to demo - https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
import a file from ticket - 1447268
A warning is displayed
No warning is displayed
2. Try to select columns B to D using mouse
3. Click on column B, keeping mouse clicked, move your mouse towards C then D
4. It does not allow to select B,C,D where as it is possible in Excel.
It is serious issue for me as I could not proceed with Hide/Unhide columns and some other features depend on multiple columns selection
Note: if we add a blank row at first position then it works well, seems like first with merged columns is creating problem.
2. Open Workbook(1).xlsx (attached)
3. Edit B2, D2, F2 with some new values
4. See the results in B4, D4, F4
Calculations are different in Excel.
Reproducible in the demos.
The link does not work. It does if you specify a "friendly name":
The link works with and without a "friendly name" specified, as in Excel.
Reproducible with the Default and Bootstrap SASS themes.
Reproducible in the demos.
Icons are misaligned.
Icons are properly aligned.
1. Open "Sample Kendo UI SpreadSheet Example.html" attached html file in the chrome browser.
2. Click on open button in the Toolbar of the spreadsheet.
3. Select "Sample Excel with Font Colors.xlsx" attached excel file. This excel file contains headers with background color and Rows with ForeColors.
4. Now when the file is loaded, you will observe that B2, B3 and B5 should come up in Red fore color but the fore color of these cell in the kendo spread sheet is Black.
5. Similarly C2 to C5 should come in Green color but the fore color in the spreadsheet is black.
Query: Kindly let me know how can we achieve the fore color present in the excel sheet show show up in the Kendo UI Spreadsheet?
If an Excel file that contains Shapes is imported in the Spreadsheet, the imported content cannot be exported back to '.xlsx' file. Saving the imported content to Excel throws an error in the console.
The Spreadsheet content should be exported to Excel file that doesn't contain the shapes from the imported file
There is an issue with the Date type fields validation in the Spreadsheet.
Here are the reproduction steps:
1. Open https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
2. Import attached xlsx file.
3. There are two date cells (B1 & B2), B2 has a data validation (Date between B1 to ToDay)
4. Try to edit the date using the calendar icon from B2. An empty calendar appears
Note: If I change data validation (remove reference of B1 and put hardcoded date) as below then it works.
2. Select column B and drag mouse towards C, both columns will be selected which is correct behavior
3. Now just scroll down 2-3 rows using vertical scroll bar
4. Repeat step 2, this time it does not select B & C, instead it selects B,C,D,E.
5. Seems a bug, not an expected behavior.
Observation that might help you in fixing it:
1. if you move scroll bar in such a way so that no merged cell is visible it works well, e.g. scroll down till 20th row becomes first visible row on screen and now repeat step 2, it will work
2. if scroll position is on top then behavior is correct as well
3. Same issue exists in case of multiple row selection with merged column and scroll position.
This is observed also in online demos:
I am developing a Web application using Kendo UI Spreadsheet control, but I noticed that when I copy some numbers from a Excel sheet to the spreadsheet and then copy back to Excel, the decimal values are quite different, I mean, the decimal precision has been affected.
I have the following numbers on a Excel sheet:
Then, I copy them to the Kendo spreadsheet and I got the following:
But when I copy them back to Excel I got this:
Losing many decimals affecting the results of my computation and calculation.
Can you tell me why is this happening?
Thank you some much.
The first row is duplicated.
The first row is not duplicated
The wrap text tool hides some of the cell's text if it is too long.
Go to this Dojo. Select cell A1 and toggle the wrap text tool. The beginning of the text is not displayed.
Part of the cell's content is hidden.
All the text should be visible.
When destroying a SpreadSheet and removing its corresponding DOM element, there are some DOM nodes added on SpreadSheet's initialization which are not removed after the execution of .destroy() and .remove().
Not all DOM elements added on SpreadSheet initialization are being removed when destroying it and removing its corresponding DOM element.
After destroying a SpreadSheet and removing its corresponding DOM element, no DOM nodes added on component's initialization should be presented in the DOM tree.
In kendo spreadsheet if you disable any row by adding enable property to false and apply sort from data tab, then the disable row is changing based on the sort. instead of applying to particular row it is applying to perticular range and while sorting the row items are changing. The cell properties are not applying there while sorting.
link for example: https://dojo.telerik.com/IkoJeMIz
please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.
There is no TypeScript definition for defineFunction and no custom functions can be created in TypeScript context using the approach demonstrated in this Custom functions article.
Try defining a new function using:
The following error appears:
Propery "defineFunction" does not exist on type 'typeof spreadsheet'
There shouldn't be any errors