2. Select Column B11, click wrap text from Home toolbar.
3. Start typing in B11 & see cell editor keeps growing and goes beyond screen.
4. This is not user friendly, it should be same as Excel
5. Any alternative or quick fix would be appreciable
Reproducible with the Default and Bootstrap SASS themes.
Reproducible in the demos.
Icons are misaligned.
Icons are properly aligned.
2. Open Workbook(1).xlsx (attached)
3. Edit B2, D2, F2 with some new values
4. See the results in B4, D4, F4
Calculations are different in Excel.
2. Try to select columns B to D using mouse
3. Click on column B, keeping mouse clicked, move your mouse towards C then D
4. It does not allow to select B,C,D where as it is possible in Excel.
It is serious issue for me as I could not proceed with Hide/Unhide columns and some other features depend on multiple columns selection
Note: if we add a blank row at first position then it works well, seems like first with merged columns is creating problem.
Reproducible in the demos.
The link does not work. It does if you specify a "friendly name":
The link works with and without a "friendly name" specified, as in Excel.
Office 365 Comment are shown with a warning:
Your version of Excel allows you to read this threaded comment; however, any edits to it will get removed if the file is opened in a newer version of Excel. Learn more: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=870924
go to demo - https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
import a file from ticket - 1447268
A warning is displayed
No warning is displayed
When a string, used as old_text for SUBSTITUTE(text, old_text, new_text, [instance_num]) function, is repeated more than once and the new_text is an empty string, one occurrence of the old_text remains not substituted.
=SUBSTITUTE(A1, "ab", "")
ab with another string, e.g.
cd, replaces all instances of
ab as expected.
113ab11 - when ab is repeated more than once in a row, one of its instances remains unchanged to an empty string
1. Open "Sample Kendo UI SpreadSheet Example.html" attached html file in the chrome browser.
2. Click on open button in the Toolbar of the spreadsheet.
3. Select "Sample Excel with Font Colors.xlsx" attached excel file. This excel file contains headers with background color and Rows with ForeColors.
4. Now when the file is loaded, you will observe that B2, B3 and B5 should come up in Red fore color but the fore color of these cell in the kendo spread sheet is Black.
5. Similarly C2 to C5 should come in Green color but the fore color in the spreadsheet is black.
Query: Kindly let me know how can we achieve the fore color present in the excel sheet show show up in the Kendo UI Spreadsheet?
Client-side exported Excel workbooks are exported "uncompressed" (as readable text) and their size is much greater than the original document.
Regression since R2 2019 - 2019.2.514
When a cell/row is selected, its first cell is focused and the sheet is scrolled to show it. If a long sheet is scrolled down/right to edit cells, this scroll top/left is very annoying and user unfriendly.
In these scenarios Excel focuses the topmost/leftmost currently visible cell, avoiding sheet scrolling.
NOTE: for rows reproduction select cell AX2, then click on the header of row 2 - sheet is scrolled to the left and cell A2 is focused.
Column C is selected, cell C1 is focused and the sheet is scrolled to top.
The used has to scroll down to the bottom row again to edit data at the bottom of the sheet.
Column C is selected. The currently visible topmost cell of column C is focused, without scrolling the sheet. Excel works that way
The current client-side export functionality does not preserve the number of columns.
Load the following file in the Spreadsheet which contains columns up to "BA".
Export the file
Load the file again in the Spreadsheet and notice that the columns are displayed up to "AX" instead of "BA".
Client-side export does not preserve the number of columns greater than "AX".
Client-side export does not preserve the exact number of columns.
2. Click Background or Text Color icon , select custom color
3. See the popup UI , there is boarder and margin issues, boarder is visible on top,left & bottom side but not on right side
2. Copy from F3:F15
3. Paste as value (ctrl+shift+v) in H3
4. See it pasted only non-empty cells
Empty cells values should be pasted as well as Excel does.
Spreadsheet SUMIF function returns #NA when Excel returns the correct result. The issue is observed when the criteria range and sum range have different sizes.
Reproduction of the problem
Run the Spreadsheet demo page
Open the attached file
Formula in cell B3 returns #NA!
The formula in cell B3 returns #NA!
The formula in cell B3 should return the correct value
Kendo UI version: 2019.3.1023
2. Import attached Book21.xlsx file
3. I have first row as frozen pane and columns C, D are hidden
4. Select columns B to E using mouse drag & then right click on selected column , it does not show Unhide option, because on right click it keeps the selection only on column E
It does not work if we keep Freeze Panes.
If an Excel file that contains Shapes is imported in the Spreadsheet, the imported content cannot be exported back to '.xlsx' file. Saving the imported content to Excel throws an error in the console.
The Spreadsheet content should be exported to Excel file that doesn't contain the shapes from the imported file
There is an issue with the Date type fields validation in the Spreadsheet.
Here are the reproduction steps:
1. Open https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index
2. Import attached xlsx file.
3. There are two date cells (B1 & B2), B2 has a data validation (Date between B1 to ToDay)
4. Try to edit the date using the calendar icon from B2. An empty calendar appears
Note: If I change data validation (remove reference of B1 and put hardcoded date) as below then it works.