Right now, a List based validation is strict on case, it'd be nice to have a toggle for when it is appropriate.
In MS Excel when you type a number you can easily go to other cells by using the arrow keys and type in another number, thus allowing for fast editing of the spreadsheet. This does not work in the spreadsheet component. this functionality only needs to work when not creating a formula.
I have a first example using the Kendo Toolbar widget and I was able to get an Angular button rendered in the toolbar: http://dojo.telerik.com/ucIfin When I tried to do the same thing in the Kendo Spreadsheet widget toolbar, it failed to compile my template: http://dojo.telerik.com/UseWI In general Angular directives are not compiled properly when specified in the template of a Spreadsheet Toolbar item. I am aware of a workaround for the kendo-button specific case, but I would like the template to work for custom Angular directives as well.
When editing a workbook with the Spreadsheet component, if a user switches from a worksheet to another, then moves the scrollbars, when switching back, although the active cell is adequately recovered, the scrollbars are not (the user experience is that they do not react to worksheet switching).
Is this behavior planned to be changed? Is there a workaround?
Currently, after export to excel and opening the exported file again in Spreadsheet, the row heights for rows with predefined height change. The above could be easily observed on the Index demo:
* initially, the height of the top row is set to 70px;
* export the Spreadsheet to Excel;
* after re-importing the above file, the height of the first row "Invoice #52" becomes 81px without any apparent reason.
2. Open attached MultipleSheetsRowHeightIssue.xlsx
3. Please notice there are 3 sheets with default row height 20, 30, 40 respectively (you can check in MS Excel)
4. Now Click export, and open the exported file again
5. Now we have an issue here - all sheets set to default row height to 40. (It seems that it is setting the last sheet's default row height to all sheets)
Its severe issue, please share a fix or at least provide some workaround.
I have altered the kendo code to add row and column references to the k-spreadsheet-cell dom objects. A sample of this is: <div style="color: rgb(81, . . . class="k-spreadsheet-cell r17c1 row-17 col-1"> . . . . I have items that I wish to place on top of cells in the spreadsheet. I can use these classes to identify the dom element corresponding to a spreadsheet cell object. I wish that this thing would let me post images. This is working really well. Request: It would be nice if the spreadsheet code to do this out of the box. Further, it would be beneficial to add a 'tag' property to a spreadsheet cell that would be indicated in the cell's dom object. If a cell has a tag, it should be rendered even if it doesn't have non-trivial formatting or a value.
IF any custom validation available for spreadsheet cells, then while exporting the sheet, those validation error messages or formats not getting exported. So here it will be helpful if its exports validations too. So user can see error in both UI and Exported file. In the below example, user can see the error messages in ui but cant see on the exported file. https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/controls/data-management/spreadsheet/how-to/validation-to-column
2. Start editing cells D3 to D11 as fast as possible (like type 45 enter, 45 enter, 45 enter and so on) (refer attached videos)
3. UI freezes for few seconds, and then all cells get updated in one go
4. But Excel 365, Excel and GoogleSheet work fine in such cases
5. Please make similar UI behavior as in Excel.
Check attached Excel Data Entry & Kendo Data Entry video recordings
Add option for manual calculation of formulas, as available in Excel.
It would be a great feature to have to save time for inputting values without updating other dependent cells and once data entry is done user could press "Calculate Now" and all of the cells updated in one go, same as we do have this feature in MS Excel 365.
I have observed that Conditional Formatting in Spreadhseet is not supported. Please add support for the same as it is very important feature of XLSX. during financial calculation this feature plays an important role. Here is the issue that needs a fix.
2. Check attached file CellColorFormula.xlsx, conditional formatting set for B2, C2, D2
3. Import attached file CellColorFormula.xlsx
4. Check Cells B2, C2, D2 and try to change values for A2, C2, D2
5. None of the conditional formatting is working
Wanting to format a subset of a single cell with text styling different from the rest of the cell contents. Something like the following: