Use case: My app doesn't know how many rows of data the excel spreadsheet will be prior to upload. I've defaulted to my maximum amount of 10,000 which will be normal for some, but overkill for others. The ability to change the number of rows/columns to accommodate the size of the sheet after loading, would be a nice addition. As a workaround, I'm destroying and reloading the widget instance after the initial load.
1. Open https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/index in IE 11
2. Start editing cells C3 to C12 and enter value 1234 in each cell as fast as possible
3. 1234 enter, 1234 enter , 1234 enter and so on without waiting for UI rendering completion as UI freezes for few seconds, and then all cells get updated in one go
4. below is the result, few cells are having wrong values
5. Its very serious issue
Note: Excel 365, Excel and GoogleSheet works fine in such cases
Enable Cut/Copy cell values and can Paste it in mutiple selected values
When a string, used as old_text for SUBSTITUTE(text, old_text, new_text, [instance_num]) function, is repeated more than once and the new_text is an empty string, one occurrence of the old_text remains not substituted.
=SUBSTITUTE(A1, "ab", "")
ab with another string, e.g.
cd, replaces all instances of
ab as expected.
113ab11 - when ab is repeated more than once in a row, one of its instances remains unchanged to an empty string
Other spreadsheet applications (Excel and Google Sheets, to name two) offer the ability to insert individual cells into a sheet without inserting a whole row/column. Most importantly, this feature updates cell references in formulas, which is not something that can be done with copy and paste.
For example, in the following spreadsheet (screenshot from Excel), I've right-clicked cell A2 and chosen "Insert" on the context menu. There is also a button on the ribbon that opens the same "Insert" dialog.
I want to shift the cells down, so I click OK in the dialog. Note that the formulas update accordingly: the sum range expands to A1:A5, while the individual cell references remap.
Can this feature please be added to Kendo spreadsheet? Otherwise, our clients will have to continue manually re-writing formulas after they copy/cut and paste to achieve a similiar-looking (but functionally different) result.
I have observed that Conditional Formatting in Spreadhseet is not supported. Please add support for the same as it is very important feature of XLSX. during financial calculation this feature plays an important role. Here is the issue that needs a fix.
2. Check attached file CellColorFormula.xlsx, conditional formatting set for B2, C2, D2
3. Import attached file CellColorFormula.xlsx
4. Check Cells B2, C2, D2 and try to change values for A2, C2, D2
5. None of the conditional formatting is working
2. Start editing cells D3 to D11 as fast as possible (like type 45 enter, 45 enter, 45 enter and so on) (refer attached videos)
3. UI freezes for few seconds, and then all cells get updated in one go
4. But Excel 365, Excel and GoogleSheet work fine in such cases
5. Please make similar UI behavior as in Excel.
Check attached Excel Data Entry & Kendo Data Entry video recordings
2. Try to select columns B to D using mouse
3. Click on column B, keeping mouse clicked, move your mouse towards C then D
4. It does not allow to select B,C,D where as it is possible in Excel.
It is serious issue for me as I could not proceed with Hide/Unhide columns and some other features depend on multiple columns selection
Note: if we add a blank row at first position then it works well, seems like first with merged columns is creating problem.
2. Upload the attached sample.xlsx file.
3. Cell B1 getting value from cell A1 using formula "=TEXT(A1, "$#,###")"
4. Delete(Blank) the value of cell A1, see error #VALUE! in cell B1.
5. The same is working fine in Excel.
6. Please suggest any workaround or quick fix.
Check attached Sample.xlsx file in Sample.zip folder
I am developing a Web application using Kendo UI Spreadsheet control, but I noticed that when I copy some numbers from a Excel sheet to the spreadsheet and then copy back to Excel, the decimal values are quite different, I mean, the decimal precision has been affected.
I have the following numbers on a Excel sheet:
Then, I copy them to the Kendo spreadsheet and I got the following:
But when I copy them back to Excel I got this:
Losing many decimals affecting the results of my computation and calculation.
Can you tell me why is this happening?
Thank you some much.
2. Open Workbook(1).xlsx (attached)
3. Edit B2, D2, F2 with some new values
4. See the results in B4, D4, F4
Calculations are different in Excel.
Wanting to format a subset of a single cell with text styling different from the rest of the cell contents. Something like the following:
2. Open Attached Test.xlsx file
3. Check the value of A2, it is different than Excel
Note: Cell format of A2 is set as below, if I select only $ format then it is working.
The current client-side export functionality does not preserve the number of columns.
Load the following file in the Spreadsheet which contains columns up to "BA".
Export the file
Load the file again in the Spreadsheet and notice that the columns are displayed up to "AX" instead of "BA".
Client-side export does not preserve the number of columns greater than "AX".
Client-side export does not preserve the exact number of columns.
Reproducible in the demos.
The link does not work. It does if you specify a "friendly name":
The link works with and without a "friendly name" specified, as in Excel.