In the scpreadsheet you can use controls like dropdowns & datepicker , but should be helpful if user could to customize the design and behavior. For example, the dropdown and any other control needs be opened since an icon at right that is displayed over the next column, As user i would like to choose how i want to be displayed the control: Open clicking on it, set expand direction, styles, etc.
Additional functionality for: -- Conditional Formatting -- coloring of cells, for example based upon a value and then be able to import from excel, and export back out. -- Data Validation (dropdowns). Also be able to import and export back out.
When using the bottom right corner of a cell to batch copy values across a range by dragging the corner, an error popup appears if a disabled cell is found inside the range that was dragged into. It is possible to reproduce this with this demo: https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/spreadsheet/disabled-cells 1. Set the quantity column to disabled. 2. Select B3. 3. Drag the bottom right corner of B3 to D3. 4. See error: "Destination range contains disabled cells." There should be an option to allow that to copy into any enabled cells in that range and ignore the disabled ones.
1. Save Excel workbook to folder on server (the Excel file can be re-purposed in many ways) 2. Better ways to send sheet data back to controller ... more JSON serialization options, csv, etc.
2. Open attached MultipleSheetsRowHeightIssue.xlsx
3. Please notice there are 3 sheets with default row height 20, 30, 40 respectively (you can check in MS Excel)
4. Now Click export, and open the exported file again
5. Now we have an issue here - all sheets set to default row height to 40. (It seems that it is setting the last sheet's default row height to all sheets)
Its severe issue, please share a fix or at least provide some workaround.
Other spreadsheet applications (Excel and Google Sheets, to name two) offer the ability to insert individual cells into a sheet without inserting a whole row/column. Most importantly, this feature updates cell references in formulas, which is not something that can be done with copy and paste.
For example, in the following spreadsheet (screenshot from Excel), I've right-clicked cell A2 and chosen "Insert" on the context menu. There is also a button on the ribbon that opens the same "Insert" dialog.
I want to shift the cells down, so I click OK in the dialog. Note that the formulas update accordingly: the sum range expands to A1:A5, while the individual cell references remap.
Can this feature please be added to Kendo spreadsheet? Otherwise, our clients will have to continue manually re-writing formulas after they copy/cut and paste to achieve a similiar-looking (but functionally different) result.
When a string, used as old_text for SUBSTITUTE(text, old_text, new_text, [instance_num]) function, is repeated more than once and the new_text is an empty string, one occurrence of the old_text remains not substituted.
=SUBSTITUTE(A1, "ab", "")
ab with another string, e.g.
cd, replaces all instances of
ab as expected.
113ab11 - when ab is repeated more than once in a row, one of its instances remains unchanged to an empty string
1. Open "Sample Kendo UI SpreadSheet Example.html" attached html file in the chrome browser.
2. Click on open button in the Toolbar of the spreadsheet.
3. Select "Sample Excel with Font Colors.xlsx" attached excel file. This excel file contains headers with background color and Rows with ForeColors.
4. Now when the file is loaded, you will observe that B2, B3 and B5 should come up in Red fore color but the fore color of these cell in the kendo spread sheet is Black.
5. Similarly C2 to C5 should come in Green color but the fore color in the spreadsheet is black.
Query: Kindly let me know how can we achieve the fore color present in the excel sheet show show up in the Kendo UI Spreadsheet?
Currently, after export to excel and opening the exported file again in Spreadsheet, the row heights for rows with predefined height change. The above could be easily observed on the Index demo:
* initially, the height of the top row is set to 70px;
* export the Spreadsheet to Excel;
* after re-importing the above file, the height of the first row "Invoice #52" becomes 81px without any apparent reason.
When editing a workbook with the Spreadsheet component, if a user switches from a worksheet to another, then moves the scrollbars, when switching back, although the active cell is adequately recovered, the scrollbars are not (the user experience is that they do not react to worksheet switching).
Is this behavior planned to be changed? Is there a workaround?
I have altered the kendo code to add row and column references to the k-spreadsheet-cell dom objects. A sample of this is: <div style="color: rgb(81, . . . class="k-spreadsheet-cell r17c1 row-17 col-1"> . . . . I have items that I wish to place on top of cells in the spreadsheet. I can use these classes to identify the dom element corresponding to a spreadsheet cell object. I wish that this thing would let me post images. This is working really well. Request: It would be nice if the spreadsheet code to do this out of the box. Further, it would be beneficial to add a 'tag' property to a spreadsheet cell that would be indicated in the cell's dom object. If a cell has a tag, it should be rendered even if it doesn't have non-trivial formatting or a value.