Below are some features we would like to have
Optionally remove the date input mask, so user will be able to type the date as free text field
- But when invalid, should change to previous value on blur
- Also to navigate out of datepickers user have to press tab multiple times
- Copy paste date should work as in free text field
- Select full date by mouse double click to copy
- User is responsible to copy date in proper format to work, or it should fall back to previous value
Next previous option in calendar view
- Next previous button in the calendar view instead of left navigation section
As we had discussed to be in feature request at: https://www.telerik.com/account/support-tickets/view-ticket/1388872
We already have similar feature requested as we know: https://feedback.telerik.com/kendo-angular-ui/1384025-cannot-copy-paste-date-between-2-datepickersThank you
With the jQuery controls you had a nice feature that you could add multiple parse formats in which the value could be parsed and have a single one for displaying the value. In the Angular implementation you are limited to a single format that the user should follow, which is very inconvenient as different users are used to type differently.
Would be nice to allow users to type a value in any format that is appropriate for their locale. For example I might want to accept
M/d for dates, for example, and the date to "autocomplete" to the correct value once the user looses focus.