I'm using Fiddler [Oct-03-19] v5.0.20194.41348 on Windows 7 Enterprise. The AutoResponder panel has changed from older versions and no longer displays properly if the size is narrow. For example in the attached screenshot you can see no scrollbars or dropdown. They seem to have a minimum size of 850px right now. That is way too wide. I find it very difficult to use Fiddler when the panel is too wide because then I can't see the connection entries easily. The size in the screenshot is what I normally use the panel at and it works fine in older versions.
As a workaround I reverted to older version Fiddler [Jun-04-19] v5.0.20192.25091. Also I was left with a bunch of errant StringToMatch[xx] entries, not sure what that's about.
Microsoft telemetry calls to v10.vortex-win.data.microsoft.com bypass the filters and add noise. If my filter says only show localhost, I don't expect to see calls to Microsoft.com.
Consider adding System.Core.dll to the default references list. This will allow easier usage of System.Linq in the scripts.
Tools > Options > Scripting has a new Language Dropdown. It should be a DropDownList instead of a dropdown, otherwise, any character the user types causes a popup alert and the user can be left with a garbage value. Further, there probably shouldn't be an explicit warning that a restart is required, as a great many options on the Options dialog require restart and showing this warning for only one of them may be misleading.
Fiddler's "Web Browsers" filter does not include msedge.exe as a web browser. This is the executable name of the new Chromium-based version of Edge that Microsoft is now working on.
This should be a one-line fix and very much appreciated by the many thousands of Fiddler+Edge users.
Not sure if this is a recent change, but I use Microsoft Outlook and Skype, and both are having connectivity issues when Fiddler is running. Also Windows 10 apps seem to be unable to have an internet connection as well.
It's huge, doesn't have anything to do with Fiddler besides being a Telerik product, and I have no interest in it after having used previous Telerik toolkits. People already deal with ads when consuming content. Don't add them to shit we use when doing work.
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=653691 (https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=653691#c5) Chrome 57 won't accept certificate chains that contain SHA-1 within them, so we need to be sure that Fiddler/FiddlerCore default to SHA-256 everywhere. We also might consider whether we should detect that the user has old Fiddler-generated SHA-1 certificates cached and if so, clean those up and generate a fresh cert using SHA-256.
I'm trying many times this shortcut but it's doesn't work. When i'm try to copy Single Header with CTRL + C it's work but when i'm try to copy single header's value with CTRL + SHIFT + C shortcut it's didn't work.
The handler for the "M" key in the AutoResponder needs to suppress the keypress. Right now, if you have a rule in the "If request matches" column that starts with "M" and you select a different rule, hit "M" to add a comment to it, then Windows automatically focuses the list item that starts with "M", then Fiddler invokes the "Add Comment" action on that rule instead of the one originally selected.
I find myself applying the same filters again and again on each launch of Fiddler (I mean the filters listed below the list of requests). I think it would be really great if you could allow the restoration of previously applied filters (e.g. by having a save/load filters option). Also, allowing to filter out by "Request Method" would be great too. Congratulations on this tool, by the way. It is really great. :)
I had request with json body, after exporting to curl, looking at the batch file, i didn't see the body part of the request
I am an android developer from China, I really like to use Fiddler.But today,when I try to download it, I find avery serious error that Taiwan and Hong Kong are in the 'Country' option. Everyone knows that Taiwan and Hong Kong are part of China,please add '-China' behind them,thanks.
Or just like Oracle ,the picture below is a screenshot of my from Oracle.
I will follow this thing! :)
The BCCertMaker exposes a !dumpcerts command that creates certificates on the desktop. Unfortunately, the DumpCertstoDesktop function does not name certificates well, so a wildcard cert ("*.example.com") cannot be saved because "*" is not a legal filename character.
The function should replace all * in the cert names with e.g. "_" or "_wildcard_" before saving.